Who would you have taken at #17?

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

Right that is some thing that I find very interesting. Because kind of the idea behind whether or not a player is a reach is what anybody else have wanted him. And it turns out a lot of the players that a lot of people wanted but what were passed by the raiders turn out to fit that description. 

Either that or theyre first rounders that are well documented to have risks.

46 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right that is some thing that I find very interesting. Because kind of the idea behind whether or not a player is a reach is what anybody else have wanted him. And it turns out a lot of the players that a lot of people wanted but what were passed by the raiders turn out to fit that description. 

And Teven Jenkins.

And JOK.

And there were no trade downs th rest of the 1st round.  

Raiders may have just taken the best value for the team. 

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

And Teven Jenkins.

And JOK.

And there were no trade downs th rest of the 1st round.  

Raiders may have just taken the best value for the team. 

Right. Fact that we could still get the two people that it seems like everybody wanted should tell us all something about the consensus.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think that’s 100% accurate.  Jenkins didn’t go round 1... and for the last 2 weeks there’s been rumors that teams saw him as more of a 2nd rounder.  And he was talking about perceived value on this board and fan sites.  Jenkins was in the middle of the pack of 2nd round picks prior to that video and then the video comes out and his stock rises.  It’s not that the video alone was responsible for the false increase in draft stock but more so that it was the catalyst for his stock to be over inflated.  The video coincided immediately with a rise in draft capital.  Fans saw the video and he became the hot prospect and it snowballed.  The authors on these sites see that a player is “hot” and drive him on in their rankings And mocks.  It’s classic groupthink.  

I’m going to need to see some receipts in this claim that Kollmans video on Jenkins changed the landscape of mock drafts around the country. 

his video came out a month ago. I’m googling mock drafts from February and i keep seeing jenkins mocked in the first

this is a really bizarre narrative to be pushing

Edited by Turnobili
44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. Fact that we could still get the two people that it seems like everybody wanted should tell us all something about the consensus.

I wanted a trade up for Fields or Phillips. Can't wait to see my boy Khalil hoist the Lombardi up with Fields in the next 2-3 years. 

7 hours ago, Dessie said:

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

You literally defend EVERY massive Raider Reach. 

Darrisaw will be a Franchise RT, while Leatherwood is moved to Guard after one season. Book it. 

You think Jon and Mike care about this team? LOL. I wish I could be in such denial. Jon is here for 100M and he’s giving his really good friend Mayock a piece of the action. 

In real time I would have selected DE Jaelen Phillips.

Would have gone Eichenberg or Darrisaw over Leatherwood for RT also if I was going purely RT.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.........

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Darrisaw will be a Franchise RT, while Leatherwood is moved to Guard after one season. Book it. 

You think Jon and Mike care about this team? LOL. I wish I could be in such denial. Jon is here for 100M and he’s giving his really good friend Mayock a piece of the action. 

Lol, calm down your problem is that you think you are a better GM than Mayock. I have clearly stated that I like Leatherwood but hate the value. Hardly defending. 

My issue is those criticising the pick for value are the same who wanted players who haven’t been picked yet. Makes no sense at all. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's because teams didn't have a huge need at safety, it's not like other safeties got taken ahead of him, he still would have been plug and play for us filling a huge need.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Lol dude come on.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing to keep an eye on this year is who does better between Darrisaw and Leatherwood. 

Three Year Process. I never really formed an opinion on Miller until after this season. Made some comments here and there, but reserved a full opinion. Miller is definitely a solid LT in the NFL. He has trouble with elite rushers like Bosa, but overall, he’s super solid. Then again, I wasn’t one of the ones who hated that pick. I didn’t like it, to be fair. But didn’t loathe it. The value wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. Miller was a 1st Round Prospect. 

Although as I said earlier, I do think Leatnerwood ends up a guard after a year or two. But maybe he shocks everyone, who knows. Guess I have to throw a tiny ounce of optimism in there. 

Edited by BayRaider
3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I’m going to need to see some receipts in this claim that Kollmans video on Jenkins changed the landscape of mock drafts around the country. 

his video came out a month ago. I’m googling mock drafts from February and i keep seeing jenkins mocked in the first

this is a really bizarre narrative to be pushing

i'll keep waiting for somebody to try to substantiate the claim that brett kollman caused teven jenkins to get into the first round of mocks. 

Kollman's video came out on March 30

here's a google search of "nfl mock draft" with only results from before march 29. https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+mock+draft&rlz=1C1PQHB_enUS951US951&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F29%2F2021&tbm=

all of the ones i've clicked through on the first page show Jenkins going in the first round

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Three Year Process. I never really formed an opinion on Miller until after this season. Made some comments after here and there, but reserved a full opinion. Miller is definitely a solid LT in the NFL. He has trouble with elite rushers like Bosa, but overall, he’s super solid. Then again, I wasn’t one of the ones who hated that pick. I didn’t like it, to be fair. But didn’t loathe it. The value wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. Miller was a 1st Round Prospect. 

Miller has gotten miles better in pass pro, but i still dont think he's great. he still struggles against power rushes. he never really anchors and walls his guy off. even on a lot of his "good" reps he is slowly backing into Carr but seems to hold his guy off JUST enough to let Carr throw it. its rare that he just stonewalls a guy. and in the run game he does execute his blocks well, and is able to get to guys playing 1 gap over. but he's also not really a people mover.

thats my issue with leatherwood in the run game (though i think he does show more strength in pass pro)

Edited by Turnobili