Who would you have taken at #17?

Jeremy408

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

Teams pass on good players all the time, so it's really not that funny.

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

i'll keep waiting for somebody to try to substantiate the claim that brett kollman caused teven jenkins to get into the first round of mocks. 

Kollman's video came out on March 30

here's a google search of "nfl mock draft" with only results from before march 29. https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+mock+draft&rlz=1C1PQHB_enUS951US951&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F29%2F2021&tbm=

all of the ones i've clicked through on the first page show Jenkins going in the first round

Well, earlier in the draft process he was definitely a 2nd Rounder most places with his T-Rex arms and sloppy footwork. I had him as a 2nd and projected guard. And the guard projection is pretty 50/50. A lot of people out there think hes a guard, a lot of people out there think he's a RT but can never play LT.  

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Miller has gotten miles better in pass pro, but i still dont think he's great. he still struggles against power rushes. he never really anchors and walls his guy off. even on a lot of his "good" reps he is slowly backing into Carr but seems to hold his guy off JUST enough to let Carr throw it. its rare that he just stonewalls a guy. and in the run game he does execute his blocks well, and is able to get to guys playing 1 gap over. but he's also not really a people mover.

thats my issue with leatherwood in the run game (though i think he does show more strength in pass pro)

Yes, Elite Rushers like Bosa, Ingram, etc still wreck Miller pretty easily. Although against anyone non-elite, he’s basically a wall. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well, earlier in the draft process he was definitely a 2nd Rounder most places with his T-Rex arms and sloppy footwork. I had him as a 2nd and projected guard. And the guard projection is pretty 50/50. A lot of people out there think hes a guard, a lot of people out there think he's a RT but can never play LT.  

can you send me any articles or mock drafts that back this claim up? or more specifically that a brett kollman youtube video caused the landscape to change?

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

can you send me any articles or mock drafts that back this claim up? or more specifically that a brett kollman youtube video caused the landscape to change?

I said I think he has the ability too. And I referenced cryptocurrency back in the day, although it’s a complete different thing. YouTubers, with 50k subscribers or so, were able to manipulate any coin with videos, was pretty unreal. Not sure if Kollman can do that, but what I can tell you is that way too many people take Kollman’s videos as gospel, and anyone he makes a video on instantly gets superrrr overrated in the draftnik community. No one on this forum was talking about Jenkins at 17 before the Kollman video, to my knowledge. 

And yes, I’m sure some of these media guys like him. PFF, TDN, etc. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, massraider said:

I woulda taken Phillips. And risked it. 

yeah i'd have gone edge (had Ojulari and Phillips as 1a and 1b). but when it was clear that edge was off the board, Darrisaw being there at 17 made it seem like a complete slam dunk pick. but no. raiders gonna raider.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I said I think he has the ability too. And I referenced cryptocurrency back in the day, although it’s a complete different thing. YouTubers, with 50k subscribers or so, were able to manipulate any coin with videos, was pretty unreal. Not sure if Kollman can do that, but what I can tell you is that way too many people take Kollman’s videos as gospel, and anyone he makes a video on instantly gets superrrr overrated in the draftnik community. No one on this forum was talking about Jenkins at 17 before the Kollman video, to my knowledge. 

but you'd be able to show a before-after effect, ie wildly different valuations of Teven Jenkins immediately preceding March 30. you might be able to show that with a crypto scenario. while going on the actually prove causation is another step entirely, first you have to at least be able to make the simple demonstration that there was a change in value of the product. it can be done with crypto. i dont think it can be done with Jenkins. thats why to make my point i linked to mock drafts before his video. he was already a first round pick in all of them.

im legit baffled that people would be pushing this narrative 

Edited by Turnobili

9 hours ago, Dessie said:

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

And just to add an example we knew CB was high on the list last draft Jaylon Johnson who I loved was a consensus 1st rounder who was still on the board I don't find it funny we passed on him for Arnette at all.

Just now, raidr4life said:

And just to add an example we knew CB was high on the list last draft Jaylon Johnson who I loved was a consensus 1st rounder who was still on the board I don't find it funny we passed on him for Arnette at all.

Johnson fell presumably cause of his shoulder surgery though. But yeah, Arnette over Johnson was ROUGH. I was pretty sad that day. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And yes, I’m sure some of these media guys like him. PFF, TDN, etc. 

Lol I was on Jenkins for months and never seen a kollman video.

19 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

yeah i'd have gone edge (had Ojulari and Phillips as 1a and 1b). but when it was clear that edge was off the board, Darrisaw being there at 17 made it seem like a complete slam dunk pick. but no. raiders gonna raider.

Ojulari and Phillips have medicals, and Darrisaw apparently has a questionable drive, no thanks. The comparison for me will obviously be Darrisaw, but i dont have a problem with not taking a guy like that after we dealt with Trent Brown. Imagine the optics of trading away Brown, who is one of the better RTs in the league when right, just to take another guy that has been considered lazy. 

• Like 1