Who would you have taken at #17?

17 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:
Overview

Athletically gifted left tackle prospect with the natural talent to be as good as he wants to be. Darrisaw plays with plus body control. He has the initial quickness and smooth agility to get to any and all blocks in the run game. The tape shows a player who's able to make jaw-dropping cutoffs on the backside but who gives half-hearted effort securing down blocks and squeezing down to help protect the B-gap. He's flexible and loose in pass pro, with the foot quickness and hand strength to punch and close up shop on would-be edge rushers. His mirror can get a little lazy at times, and he will definitely need to do a better job of finishing his blocks. The low-burn field demeanor leads to inconsistencies in play, but the athletic traits and talent as a true left tackle should create first-round demand as a higher-ceiling, lower-floor prospect.

Leatherwood’s flags and flaws are 10x this, you realize that right? He’s as inconsistent as they come with tonsssss to clean up. 

Edited by BayRaider
2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

you literally wanted Darrisaw though

yea that was before I had heard he had drive concerns, which came out pretty late well, to me at least. I feel it'd be dumb to replace a player like TB with a guy with similar negative qualities. if we were gonna do that might as well have just kept TB

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1
Just now, BayRaider said:

Leatherwood’s flags and flags are 10x this, you realize that right? He’s as inconsistent as they come with tonsssss to clean up. 

So was Kolton miller. Meanwhile Mike McGlinchey was the number one tackle you could've drafted that year according to the "consensus". 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

yea that was before I had heard he had drive concerns, which came out pretty late well, to me at least. I feel it'd be dumb to replace a player like TB with a guy with similar negative qualities. if we were gonna do that might as well have just kept TB

or you get a significantly cheaper and younger player with less injury concern...

Edited by Turnobili