Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

After the 1st Round today, I need at least a slightly positive thread. 

- Rodgers said he’s done with Green Bay. Done. Doesn’t want to be there anymore. 

- It’s Denver or Las Vegas, period. Those are his two landing spots in my opinion. They aren’t trading him inside the conference. 

- Said he wants LV, SF, or DEN. 

- Coming off a Top 5 season in NFL History. Flawless season. 

- Probably cost Carr and two 1sts. Or Two 1sts, Two 2nds, and a 3rd would be my guess. 

- Top 2 NFL QB while Carr is 15th or so. No disrespect to Carr. He’s a fine QB. 

- Most importantly, if he goes to Denver, the QB’s we face will be Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Justin Herbert. We will be the Bottom Dweller for minimum 6 years. Probably longer. 

- Rodgers probably has two elite Top 3 QB years left, and two pretty good years. 

- Elite QB makes the entire team 5x better. Easy. While Brady went to a decent roster, was far from great when he first got there. They added Wirfs in the draft along with signing a couple other pieces. 

- We are a 11-6 team minimum with Rodgers. That’s how much of a difference an Elite QB makes. Probably 12-5. 

- No one said Tampa would win the Super Bowl. I did. Said Tampa over Chiefs before the season even started. Elite QBs matter. Brady is still an Elite QB. 

I doubt Packers will actually trade Rodgers. But it’s worth a discussion. 

Edited by BayRaider

I don't blame them for the posturing but they'd be insane to not trade him if he truly does not want to play. X factor is that this year's 1st round is already done so you have to include more future picks or players.

I'd make the move in a heartbeat

• Like 1

We have a hell of an offense this upcoming year. Great blend of vet talent and young ascending players. If we add Rodgers, it's a top 5 offense unquestionably. Hell it could even be one with Carr (maybe). I'm all for adding Rodgers, especially if it means we keep him out of Denver. If Rodgers went to Denver, it would be legit almost impossible to make the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Who wouldn't love to have Rodgers. However, personality wise, he's the Kyrie Irving of the NFL.

Talented but super weird guy. 

I actually like his Pat McAffe interviews. Seems like a cool guy, slightly introverted, but also hilarious. 

50 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Who wouldn't love to have Rodgers. However, personality wise, he's the Kyrie Irving of the NFL.

Talented but super weird guy. 

I think he gets a pretty bad rap. He's definitely an introvert and pretty quirky but Kyrie legit has some stuff going on. Plus Kyrie is on what his 3rd team in 7 years? Pretty out there. 

I hope the Raiders get him.  I can't stand Rodgers but he is still a good QB with a few years left in the tank.  It would be a lot of fun to see Gruden and the Raiders go on a nice playoff run in their new stadium.  Just don't overpay for him, Raiders.  He's good, but how many great years does he have left?  Whatever happens, I'll be wishing you luck Raiders fans!