Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

I'd probably suggest Captains be something like Carr, Incognito and Waller on offence and Hankins, Kwiatkoski and Hayward on defence if we go with six. All guys with experience plus you've covered each level with a leader.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:43 AM, Jerry said:

I would like Waller to step up.  I was thinking possibly Kwit at LB with him holding down the green dot.  Only other player I could think of.  I wouldn't mind Yannick though, he's already arguably our best player on defense.

Screw the leadership for waller. I would like Waller to become one of the best players in the NFL. He showed us how unstoppable he can be at the end of last season. He needs to continue to elevate his level. He's been playing at a HOF level the last 2 years. I hope he can ascend even higher.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'd probably suggest Captains be something like Carr, Incognito and Waller on offence and Hankins, Kwiatkoski and Hayward on defence if we go with six. All guys with experience plus you've covered each level with a leader.

coaches choose the captains tbh

8 hours ago, Turnobili said:

coaches choose the captains tbh

Eh, not sure I understand......... I wasn't suggesting that we should choose them 😁😁 

But if we did.........that would be the way I'd go 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Screw the leadership for waller. I would like Waller to become one of the best players in the NFL. He showed us how unstoppable he can be at the end of last season. He needs to continue to elevate his level. He's been playing at a HOF level the last 2 years. I hope he can ascend even higher.

I've been very impressed by Waller whenever I've heard him speak at pressers recently. Very grounded young man, seems humbled by his experiences and eloquent. He'd make a great leader I'd reckon and other players could probably relate to his struggles. 

With regard to his level if play I think the thing that could help him elevate even further is another serious receiving threat to blossom, like Ruggs or Edwards. Carr has built up a chemistry with Waller and we know he produces but DCs also know he's our 'go to' option and if we had another really good guy in there I think they'd have to pick their poison, especially in the red zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Eh, not sure I understand......... I wasn't suggesting that we should choose them 😁😁 

But if we did.........that would be the way I'd go 😀

The conception is that the players choose. Pat McAfee has said that’s bull and the coach will just put players they like often times 

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

The conception is that the players choose. Pat McAfee has said that’s bull and the coach will just put players they like often times 

Ah, OK that makes more sense. I would have thought it's a given that coaches have the final say but take input from the players. 

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've been very impressed by Waller whenever I've heard him speak at pressers recently. Very grounded young man, seems humbled by his experiences and eloquent. He'd make a great leader I'd reckon and other players could probably relate to his struggles. 

With regard to his level if play I think the thing that could help him elevate even further is another serious receiving threat to blossom, like Ruggs or Edwards. Carr has built up a chemistry with Waller and we know he produces but DCs also know he's our 'go to' option and if we had another really good guy in there I think they'd have to pick their poison, especially in the red zone. 

I'm hoping Ruggs and Edwards can make the leap. Brown is pretty good and Renfrow is already a sneaky RZ player.

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm hoping Ruggs and Edwards can make the leap. Brown is pretty good and Renfrow is already a sneaky RZ player.

Yeah, Ruggs and Edwards both need to take leaps. Brown is better than Agholor and should be productive and Renfrow. is one of the best slot WR's in the league. 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, Darbsk said:

IIRC there's 6 captains. I'd expect them to be: Derek Carr, Kolton Miller, Maxx Crosby, Nick Kwiatoski,, Cameron Hayward, and Daniel Carlson. 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:52 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Waller seems to be a lead by example type, never really seems too outspoken during interviews. But with his amazing story I'm sure that he's a great influence on our younger players. 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:09 AM, big_palooka said:

Agree with this. Denver could have kept a good thing going post Manning, but kept whiffing on QBs. And Kubiak leaving as well.

But at the end of the day, who cares, they got a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.