Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'll never understand this. 

It's almost like the Packers are full on trolling him. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Agreed. Elite QB’s make a team 5x better instantly. I think Rodgers fits Gruden’s scheme like a glove as well, one of reasons we were in his three choices. He’ll have a solid line (in theory) and decent WR core. Probably takes full advantage of Ruggs. 

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Man there is so much smoke but I just can’t see it happening. If he goes to the Broncos I will throw up. Colts have to be kicking themselves. He would’ve been nasty on that roster. Enjoy Wentz 😂

Wentz will be good on the Colts. He almost won MVP with Reich in 2017. And still has all the talent in the world if Reich can put him all together 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Wentz will be good on the Colts. He almost won MVP with Reich in 2017. And still has all the talent in the world if Reich can put him all together 

But if you could’ve swung a trade for Rodgers you’re instantly a super bowl favorite. Even if Wentz hits, and that’s a big if I doubt they’re good enough year one to be a serious threat. Rodgers would give them at least 3 years of SB potential. 

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

But if you could’ve swung a trade for Rodgers you’re instantly a super bowl favorite. Even if Wentz hits, and that’s a big if I doubt they’re good enough year one to be a serious threat. Rodgers would give them at least 3 years of SB potential. 

Oh no doubt. Rodgers on Colts = Instant Super Bowl Favorites. 

Even Rodgers going to an Average team like Denver or Las Vegas makes them a Top 5-6 team in the NFL imo. The Elite QB Factor is a real thing. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Oh no doubt. Rodgers on Colts = Instant Super Bowl Favorites. 

Even Rodgers going to an Average team like Denver or Las Vegas makes them a Top 5-6 team in the NFL imo. The Elite QB Factor is a real thing. 

Denver for sure. I really wrestle with how much better he would make this Raider team. In year one I don't think we'd crack 10 wins TBH. Maybe after another draft/FA period with Rodgers on the team and we could make some serious playoff noise but this defense is still bottom 3 until proven otherwise. Rodgers is great but I don't think he can drag this current roster past the first round of the playoffs if that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Denver for sure. I really wrestle with how much better he would make this Raider team. In year one I don't think we'd crack 10 wins TBH. Maybe after another draft/FA period with Rodgers on the team and we could make some serious playoff noise but this defense is still bottom 3 until proven otherwise. Rodgers is great but I don't think he can drag this current roster past the first round of the playoffs if that. 

Think you’re very much underrating our team, and I’m usually the pessimist around here. We could definitely go 10-7 with Carr at the helm this year, especially playing the NFC East. 8-9 is probably more likely, but 10-7 is 1000% completely entirely possible. As for Rodgers, I don’t think we’d win the Super Bowl, but 12-5 and a Conference Championship loss is more than possible. 

11 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I dont see it happening. Maybe I'm alone but I think Chuck and Rodgers both being alphas who like 100% command of their offense would be a disaster.

I'm not tuned in but I don't get the sense Rodgers was pissed about offensive control but rather talent and being committed to.  I also don't think he would be as upset if they had told him ahead of time about the Love pick which seemed to be the final straw. 

Nonetheless I'd make the move because if we don't, Denver will. It'd work out for GB too; they wanted to give Love time and Carr is a worthy starter for two years after which he too can cash in with another team. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If he lands on the Broncos we are absolutely f'd. Playing Mahomes x2, Herbert x2 and then Rodgers x2? Kill me.

We will be 6-11 (weird number to type) for the next 5 years. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Say what you want about Gruden the GM, but high end QBs want to play for him. First Russell Wilson and now Rodgers. Pretty crazy 

It’s a very QB Friendly scheme, plus Rodgers has been playing in a similar scheme his entire career.