Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

I can’t help but feel if we were in a QB situation like the Broncos, Panthers, 49ers or Washington we’d have pulled the trigger already on one of these big moves. It’s almost like the fact that we have Carr is holding us back from making a splash play - because we’ve already got a guy that we can win with, we’re less inclined to bring in a true game-changer.

I’m not saying we’re wrong to have this attitude, either. Would I swap Carr for Rodgers or Wilson straight up? 1000%. But would I do it when we’d be giving up a ton of picks and a solid QB for a better but older QB? It’s definitely tougher to call.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I can’t help but feel if we were in a QB situation like the Broncos, Panthers, 49ers or Washington we’d have pulled the trigger already on one of these big moves. It’s almost like the fact that we have Carr is holding us back from making a splash play - because we’ve already got a guy that we can win with, we’re less inclined to bring in a true game-changer.

I’m not saying we’re wrong to have this attitude, either. Would I swap Carr for Rodgers or Wilson straight up? 1000%. But would I do it when we’d be giving up a ton of picks and a solid QB for a better but older QB? It’s definitely tougher to call.

Exactly, it's not just as simple as Rogers is a better QB than Carr, there are many other factors.  

Does Rogers turn us into a SB contender this season and how many quality years does he have left at 38?  I don't think he does because our team is not ready and we lack talent on D.  Can you imagine if we give up multiple 1st's for Rogers and our D still gives up 30 PPG this year? 

What is the compensation for a 38 year old QB who is going to a situation with less talent on both sides of the ball?  Multiple 1sts?  I say hard pass....

Does anyone know what's going on with Watson and can you imagine trading for him, giving up tons of picks and now having him in his current situation?  They just drafted a Qb and I read that he might not be playing in 2021.  Yikes....

Raiders Receive:

Aaron Rodgers

Davante Adams

2022 2nd Round Pick

Packers Receive:

2022 1st Round Pick

2022 3rd Round Pick

2023 1st Round Pick

2023 3rd Round Pick

2024 1st Round Pick

Derek Carr

Jonathan Abram

Might seem like a lot, but that’s what it would likely cost for those two. And I’m still probably slightly lowballing it. Carr is worth at least one first. 

Would basically be going All-In over the next 3-4 years, then enter a good 5-6 years of misery. It’s not like I trust this team to build through the draft anyways. Do you....? It’s like picks we would already waste. 

31 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Was thinking about this. I would do it for Carr and 2 1sts. Nothing more than that. That would give us a 4 year window as contenders.

A part of me wonders how they really feel about Love. If Rodgers truly plays hardball and refuses to play, a solid and proven QB and some not-too-premium picks might just do the trick. 

If Rodgers bails on them and they sink into sub-10 win territory or whatever else, Gut and LeFleur might just be willing to take pennies with a replacement QB to try and salvage things for themselves before ish hits the fan. 

Carr could conceivably play another 8-10 years (honestly probably more like 6-8 in reality) whereas Rodgers can "say" he wants to play into his 40's but that's always tbd and even then, only a little over a year and a half away. So Carr and a 1st and later pick should theoretically interest them if only for the fact they would get at least a few years past Rodgers' likely expiration date and some extra capital to find a QBOF. 

All depends on how they feel about Jordan Love, imo.

• Like 1

QB: Aaron Rodges

RB’s: Josh Jacobs & Kenyan Drake

WR’s: Davante Adams, Henry Ruggs III, John Brown, Hunter Renfrow

TE: Darren Waller

OL: Kolton Miller, Richie Incognito, Andre James, Denzelle Good, Alex Leatherwood

Top 4 Offense at least. Maybe Top 1-2.

Think we were like 14th last year. With the 31st Defense of course. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Raiders Receive:

Aaron Rodgers

Davante Adams

2022 2nd Round Pick

Packers Receive:

2022 1st Round Pick

2022 3rd Round Pick

2023 1st Round Pick

2023 3rd Round Pick

2024 1st Round Pick

Derek Carr

Jonathan Abram

Might seem like a lot, but that’s what it would likely cost for those two. And I’m still probably slightly lowballing it. Carr is worth at least one first. 

Would basically be going All-In over the next 3-4 years, then enter a good 5-6 years of misery. It’s not like I trust this team to build through the draft anyways. Do you....? It’s like picks we would already waste. 

Adding that bum Abram would probably tank a deal lol. 

But, that's a package I would offer and one I would strongly consider if offered. Maybe switch one of the 3rds for a 2nd even. 

Not like we wouldn't have room for trades to recoup picks down the line...if Mayock could learn how to be creative in practical ways 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Carr to the Packers? He would be good until October when the temps drop under 30 lol

I could not imagine any cold weather teams wanting to trade for Carr.  Maybe get a team like WFT involved.

Edited by drfrey13

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Carr to the Packers? He would be good until October when the temps drop under 30 lol

Agreed if he wants to be set up for success, New Orleans is the right team. He'll play in a dome, and also Payton's scheme values accuracy above all-else, something Carr has. Really good fit there. Saints always invest in a Top 5 OL as well. Comparing to Brees, they are both super-accurate in the short-intermediate game. Brees has better deep accuracy, Carr more mobile (although he'll fumble so no point), Brees better pocket presence, and Carr a stronger arm than Brees had in his prime (Brees never had a "strong" arm, although a good arm). He's no Brees, but Payton would have a lot of success with him and his overall accuracy. Which is why I thought Fields would be such a great fit there as well, I thought Fields was the most accurate QB of the draft, and while he had the worst pocket presence of the four (although not bad), he would be well-protected in New Orleans. 

Edited by BayRaider

Three Way Trade:

New Orleans Receives:

- Derek Carr

- Jonathan Abram (gotta unload him somewhere)

Las Vegas Receives:

- Aaron Rodgers

- Davante Adams

- 2022 Green Bay 4th Round Pick

Green Bay Receives:

- 2022 New Orleans 1st Round Pick

- 2022 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

- 2022 Las Vegas 3rd Round Pick

- 2023 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

- 2023 New Orleans 2nd Round Pick

- 2023 Las Vegas 3rd Round Pick

- 2024 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

Basically we give up Carr, Abram, 3 1sts, 2 3rd's, and get Rodgers, Adams, and a 4th. A Top 2 QB and Top 3 WR. 

Green Bay gets 4 1st's, a 2nd, and 2 3rd's for parting ways with Rodgers/Adams. 

Saints basically get Carr. 

Edited by BayRaider

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Three Way Trade:

New Orleans Receives:

- Derek Carr

- Jonathan Abram (gotta unload him somewhere)

Las Vegas Receives:

- Aaron Rodgers

- Davante Adams

- 2022 Green Bay 4th Round Pick

Green Bay Receives:

- 2022 New Orleans 1st Round Pick

- 2022 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

- 2022 Las Vegas 3rd Round Pick

- 2023 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

- 2023 New Orleans 2nd Round Pick

- 2023 Las Vegas 3rd Round Pick

- 2024 Las Vegas 1st Round Pick

Basically we give up Carr, Abram, 3 1sts, 2 3rd's, and get Rodgers, Adams, and a 4th. A Top 2 QB and Top 3 WR. 

Green Bay gets 4 1st's, a 2nd, and 2 3rd's for parting ways with Rodgers/Adams. 

Saints basically get Carr. 

Also not bad, but I just can't see Green Bay letting go of him and not getting someone to start or at least compete to. They only have Rodgers and Love on their roster at the moment. 

I'd say screw it and throw Mariota to Green Bay into the mix and we just bring in someone to compete with Peterman. 

I'm always looking for good value so knowing what we currently know regarding Deshawn Watson and the charges against him, what would you give up to get him as it currently stands? 

I will certainly say that the asking price has plummeted and Houston would be nuts to dump him with his value at an all time low but that being said there is a chance he never plays football again.   

45 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm always looking for good value so knowing what we currently know regarding Deshawn Watson and the charges against him, what would you give up to get him as it currently stands? 

I will certainly say that the asking price has plummeted and Houston would be nuts to dump him with his value at an all time low but that being said there is a chance he never plays football again.   

Wouldn’t touch Watson with a ten foot pole right now. And if the situation ever clears up, he’ll cost too much again. 

• Like 1