Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

lol... you all still trying to hate on Herbert is hilarious. 

He just had the best rookies season for a QB in history for a team with a lame duck head coach. Now he gets an OC from the Shanahan branch that will elevate the best of what he does.

He was better than Carr as a sophomore in college. I tried to tell you all last year that we were screwed he went to LA. He's as advertised. Everyone slept on him because they know nothing about what happened with him at Oregon. 

He's a problem. Mahomes v Herbert is the show for the next decade in the AFC West. Carr v Lock is second billing. Get used to it. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

4 teams from one division are not gonna make the playoffs, even with 7 seeds. They still have to beat one another up six games. The probability is superrrrr low. Bottom dweller likely never gets above 8-9. 

So there is a chance.  Hypothetically you could have 4 14-3 teams in one division.  Highly unlikely to even have 2 but it is possible.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He just had the best rookies season for a QB in history for a team with a lame duck head coach. Now he gets an OC from the Shanahan branch that will elevate the best of what he does.

He was better than Carr as a sophomore in college. I tried to tell you all last year that we were screwed he went to LA. He's as advertised. Everyone slept on him because they know nothing about what happened with him at Oregon. 

He's a problem. Mahomes v Herbert is the show for the next decade in the AFC West. Carr v Lock is second billing. Get used to it. 

I am not going to say we have the 3rd best QB in the division but it is close.  If both QBs repeat what they did last year I will admit we have the 3rd best QB in the division.  I would take Hebert over Carr.

Are we really comparing Carr to Drew Lock? Carr was good enough to nearly sweep the division with a bum defense. And no I'm not going to double standard for qb wins because they don't matter that much to me, but lets not act like he can't light teams up week to week. I wouldn't be surprised if he's even better this year.

That being said: to answer the question, I'm against it if it's ludicrous compensation (picks and players), UNLESS we are bidding against Denver. Then we have to do whatever it takes to avoid being bottom feeders. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I fully expect to eat crow, but why do it before I have to? He had a great Rookie QB season, but we’ve seen many QB’s have absolutely phenomenal rookie seasons and come back down to earth. I especially have a problem with people listing him as a Top 10 QB after one rookie season. It’s not like he had a Mahomes-level first year starting. And while it’s one of the best rookie QB seasons ever, it’s not as far ahead as other Rookie QB seasons that you make it sound like. Heck, many feel Jefferson got robbed of ROTY. To me, it was a complete toss up. And I felt the same way the year prior… and I’m a fan of Murray. Murray should of never got the award over A.J. Brown. (although Jefferson’s season >>>> Brown’s and Herbert’s >>>>>> Murray’s, no disagreement there). 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

I'm also not ready to crown the Chargers. They have had a more "talented" roster than us every year in the last 4-5 years easily. And yet we are competitive with them every single year. Every year the Raiders are projected to have a top 5 pick and we certainly have outperformed that degree of ineptitude. I'm not ready to be pessimistic after an offseason that I was actually a fan of.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are we really comparing Carr to Drew Lock? Carr was good enough to nearly sweep the division with a bum defense. And no I'm not going to double standard for qb wins because they don't matter that much to me, but lets not act like he can't light teams up week to week. I wouldn't be surprised if he's even better this year.

That being said: to answer the question, I'm against it if it's ludicrous compensation (picks and players), UNLESS we are bidding against Denver. Then we have to do whatever it takes to avoid being bottom feeders. 

Nobody is comparing Carr to Lock. Lock is the worst starter in the league (although I still think he’s better than people give him credit for, sometimes he’s dreadfulllllll and some games he is lights out). 

People saying Carr as last in the division were referring as if Rodgers was the Broncos QB. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Nobody is comparing Carr to Lock. Lock is the worst starter in the league (although I still think he’s better than people give him credit for, sometimes he’s dreadfulllllll and some games he is lights out). 

People saying Carr as last in the division were referring as if Rodgers was the Broncos QB. 

BP seems to think we are duking it out with Drew Lock for 3rd place. Let's just lay down and die because Herbert had a nice rookie season, why don't we.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm also not ready to crown the Chargers. They have had a more "talented" roster than us every year in the last 4-5 years easily. And yet we are competitive with them every single year. Every year the Raiders are projected to have a top 5 pick and we certainly have outperformed that degree of ineptitude. I'm not ready to be pessimistic after an offseason that I was actually a fan of.

100%. I could easily see us and the Chargers as the same skill level. Something like Chiefs 13-4, Raiders 9-8, Chargers 8-9, and Broncos 8-9. 

I could see Los Angeles’s Defense regressing majorly, even with the Defensive HC hire. 

Denvers roster is actually better than both Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but no QB. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If the Broncos pull it off I don’t think Chuckie will be able to resist not getting Julio Jones 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who said he's not gonna try to get Julio AND Rodgers lmao

I want Rodgers/Adams combo. Julio is way too inconsistent for me, always has been. Adams is a master technician. Plus, they already have chemistry. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I want Rodgers/Adams combo. Julio is way too inconsistent for me, always has been. Adams is a master technician. Plus, they already have chemistry. 

I don’t think Adams is tradeable. Love him as a player though obviously.