Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

In 5-6 yrs carr will be 35-36?

more “prime” years wasted so I kinda agree with bp on the decade effect. 

I would rather have a 35 year old Carr than a 44 year old Rogers.  Just because Brady and his stacked, all star supporting cast won a SB doesn't mean that every QB can play at a high level into their mid 40's. 

I would rather have the years with Rodgers from 37 to 43 then Carr 30 to 36. 

Who cares about what happens after that. Take advantage of your opportunity that’s in front of you. Think Denver is worried about 4-6 years from now. No team is worried about that far into the future. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Decade is a bit of stretch, Peyton Manning went to the Broncos in 2012, theyve been pretty weak since 2017. Manning left after 2015. 

But I do agree they have a strong roster and Manning brought talent to them as well. 
Ultimately though, as soon as Rodgers retired, it would just depend on their replacement QB. 
As we saw with Den after Peyton, as soon as he retired, it didnt matter on how good their roster was, they went downhill fast. 

Agree with this. Denver could have kept a good thing going post Manning, but kept whiffing on QBs. And Kubiak leaving as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would rather have a 35 year old Carr than a 44 year old Rogers.  Just because Brady and his stacked, all star supporting cast won a SB doesn't mean that every QB can play at a high level into their mid 40's. 

I doubt Carr plays past 35.

4-5 years of Rodgers would do more for the Raiders than 7-10 years of Carr. You know, a QB who can win in December. 

• Like 1

So typically we are tied to one or two QBs coming to replace DC, and now we've had Watson, Wilson, and Rodgers all come up as possible replacements for DC.  Oh and even one analyst on Twitter said the Raiders did their homework on QBs just in case, which was stupid.  

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the season.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I would rather have the years with Rodgers from 37 to 43 then Carr 30 to 36. 

Who cares about what happens after that. Take advantage of your opportunity that’s in front of you. Think Denver is worried about 4-6 years from now. No team is worried about that far into the future. 

100%. People overthink these things way too much. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You already need to eat crow on Herbert. You buried him pre-draft with some of the worst takes. Said he had horrendous accuracy on all three levels and terrible pocket presence. You called him Josh Allen 2.0 which probably deserves a second helping of crow. 

There was a lot I didn't like about Herbert. A lot of people weren't enamored with him.

Don't be like VanS.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

There was a lot I didn't like about Herbert. A lot of people weren't enamored with him.

Don't be like VanS.

Yes, he was an extremely dislikable QB Prospect from top to bottom. 

If he didn’t play for the Oregon Ducks (or his main rooting interest, Georgia Bulldogs), not sure he would have had the same tune about Herbert. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, he was an extremely dislikable QB Prospect from top to bottom. 

If he didn’t play for the Oregon Ducks (or his main rooting interest, Georgia Bulldogs), not sure he would have had the same tune about Herbert. 

Liking the Ducks is why he was no surprise to me. He had every trait you want in a franchise QB. Had all kinds of coaching changes that cooled his college career off. Poor skill position players late. But the talent was there. 

Same reason I like Fields. Seen him play more than most QBs out there because of his background.

I see GRUDEN as the problem not Rodgers as the solution. 

Gruden doesn't attract the top tier free agents. He attracts QB's under contract to another team that can use that leverage in many ways. Yannick is the best FA we've gotten and I'd say it's because of our new DC Gus B. Yannick took less to have control of his future too, just in case we're still a dumpster fire in 2 years. Smart move. Trent Brown was INSANELY PAID for his first two years. AB had a good contract that we luckily got out of just in time but what a ish show that all was. Trading Mack when you get to town and saying 'pass rushers are hard to find' shows who we've got leading this franchise. Can Gruden put together a good Offense. Hell Yeah he won a Super bowl adding enough Offense to complement one of the NFL's best defenses at the time. Hopefully Bradley gets us to 20 or below and not the worse 4 D's

So if we trade for Aaron we are giving up a LOT for a small 3 year window IMO. I do think having him attracts more top FA's than Gruden can so I could see him pulling the trigger. Rodgers in Denver I'd bet we trade Carr and rebuild but we haven't drafted good enough to get stars. We get solid guys who woulkd fit GREAT around a few stars. However I have high hopes for Moehrig becoming a star. I thought we'd get Holland or Grant but having Moehrig slip past those two was a blessing for us IMO. He was the top prospect on many boards at his position but slipped because of injury. 

I'd rather ride with Carr, build a team and draft his replacement at some point. Not because I want to get a different QB but because it costs too much to have a QB like him. Really good but not elite. I'm also good if we extended Carr now with no trade clause so we don't have to have this conversation every year. Seeing this 'instability' would affect me from wanting to play for us. Vegas and no taxes is also achievable in Texas and Florida. Tampa won a SB and has the GOAT, Miami is a fun place with a young team and Jacksonville might have one of the best QB prospects since Peyton. Yet VEGAS and all the surrounding area is more attractive?!? Well, it's more attractive than Oakland and Cali taxes.  

Denver getting Rodgers doesn't matter. We are our own worst enemy but we also have shown we can beat anybody so...WTF 

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I love Carr, but if you can get Aaron Rodgers for a reasonable price, you have to try. You have to. That man is something else. Most talented QB ever for me.

Rodgers is a HOFer and is coming off of an MVP season, but we already have Baby ARod... 🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, G said:

I see GRUDEN as the problem not Rodgers as the solution. 

Gruden doesn't attract the top tier free agents. He attracts QB's under contract to another team that can use that leverage in many ways. Yannick is the best FA we've gotten and I'd say it's because of our new DC Gus B. Yannick took less to have control of his future too, just in case we're still a dumpster fire in 2 years. Smart move. Trent Brown was INSANELY PAID for his first two years. AB had a good contract that we luckily got out of just in time but what a ish show that all was. Trading Mack when you get to town and saying 'pass rushers are hard to find' shows who we've got leading this franchise. Can Gruden put together a good Offense. Hell Yeah he won a Super bowl adding enough Offense to complement one of the NFL's best defenses at the time. Hopefully Bradley gets us to 20 or below and not the worse 4 D's

So if we trade for Aaron we are giving up a LOT for a small 3 year window IMO. I do think having him attracts more top FA's than Gruden can so I could see him pulling the trigger. Rodgers in Denver I'd bet we trade Carr and rebuild but we haven't drafted good enough to get stars. We get solid guys who woulkd fit GREAT around a few stars. However I have high hopes for Moehrig becoming a star. I thought we'd get Holland or Grant but having Moehrig slip past those two was a blessing for us IMO. He was the top prospect on many boards at his position but slipped because of injury. 

I'd rather ride with Carr, build a team and draft his replacement at some point. Not because I want to get a different QB but because it costs too much to have a QB like him. Really good but not elite. I'm also good if we extended Carr now with no trade clause so we don't have to have this conversation every year. Seeing this 'instability' would affect me from wanting to play for us. Vegas and no taxes is also achievable in Texas and Florida. Tampa won a SB and has the GOAT, Miami is a fun place with a young team and Jacksonville might have one of the best QB prospects since Peyton. Yet VEGAS and all the surrounding area is more attractive?!? Well, it's more attractive than Oakland and Cali taxes.  

Denver getting Rodgers doesn't matter. We are our own worst enemy but we also have shown we can beat anybody so...WTF 

Wish carr could attract some players...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wish carr could attract some players...

Does Rodgers? And I don't mean that to be facetious. I'm genuinely asking if you know of anyone who has made a real attempt to get to Green Bay (because their FO is....crazy and seems bent on alienating him with FA and the draft).

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Does Rodgers? And I don't mean that to be facetious. I'm genuinely asking if you know of anyone who has made a real attempt to get to Green Bay (because their FO is....crazy and seems bent on alienating him with FA and the draft).

Off top he tells fa’s he won’t be there tho

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/05/report-aaron-rodgers-told-prospective-packers-free-agents-he-likely-wont-be-on-the-team/amp/