1. 23 - Vikings Select Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

SemperFeist

I was always Leary about drafting Darrisaw at 14 but getting him at 23 after picking up two additional 3rd round picks is an awesome score in the 1st round. 

Darrisaw isn’t the type of offensive lineman that I generally get excited about, I like mean SoB’s with a killer mentality like Teven Jenkins. But Darrisaw is a technician who’s always in control of his body, and those guys always do good things in the NFL. I look forward to seeing him shut down edge rushers for a long time. 

Love the player. Love the fit. Love the value. Love the trade. 

Darrisaw keeps at least 3 of the remaining 4 positions in place from last year. No scrambling for Ezra to readjust to Tackle. He can focus on becoming a top flight guard. Only way this gets better is if they find another starter at Guard on Day 2. 

• Like 2

Spielman is at his best when he's drafting, and it showed last night.

Darrisaw would have been a good pick at 1.14. He was a fantastic pick at 1.23.

We are pretty set at OL except LG. Maybe Cole fills that void however.

Cousins has no excuses now. Let's see this offense goooo. Skol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Love the player. Love the fit. Love the value. Love the trade. 

Darrisaw keeps at least 3 of the remaining 4 positions in place from last year. No scrambling for Ezra to readjust to Tackle. He can focus on becoming a top flight guard. Only way this gets better is if they find another starter at Guard on Day 2. 

Agreed. The only position change I could still see along the line is flipping Cleveland to LG if a good RG prospect is on the board.