1. 23 - Vikings Select Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

SemperFeist

15 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I don't think he did too bad!!

He’s a clear improvement in pass protection over Hill. He still needs to clean up some technique, and learn how to counter pass rush moves, which will come with more experience, but he doesn’t get pushed around. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s a clear improvement in pass protection over Hill. He still needs to clean up some technique, and learn how to counter pass rush moves, which will come with more experience, but he doesn’t get pushed around. 

I think he only missed one block that held Mattison to a 2 yard gain but beyond that he looked fine.

Carolina has a better defense though so we'll see if he can sustain his level of play.

Darrisaw looks like the real deal, and that's awesome. Having true bookend tackles for the first time in what seems like 15 years is an exciting prospect!

If Cleveland/Udoh/Bradbury/Davis can somehow solve the other 3 spots in a permanent manner, this offense will be very potent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

If Cleveland/Udoh/Bradbury/Davis can somehow solve the other 3 spots in a permanent manner, this offense will be very potent

Is it wrong to ask for Linderbaum in the draft? I know it’s a terrible use of resources, but gotdang he’d look good in a Vikings uniform. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Is it wrong to ask for Linderbaum in the draft? I know it’s a terrible use of resources, but gotdang he’d look good in a Vikings uniform. 

Man, that would be amazing. I wouldn’t be opposed at all. However, I’ll be surprised if our first round pick is anything other than a Cornerback. Not that I want that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Man, that would be amazing. I wouldn’t be opposed at all. However, I’ll be surprised if our first round pick is anything other than a Cornerback. Not that I want that. 

I can't imagine that the 1st rd pick will be anything other than a CB...and just by reading the description of him on TDN, expect that corner to be Ahmad Gardner out of Cincinnati.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Sadly, our first round pick really needs to be a defensive playmaker. 

While Linderbaum would be amazing, you could likely find an upgrade/competition at center on day 2. Plus, outside of Cousins and Thielen, this offense is very young and full of talent. They really need to replenish the cupboards on defense. Find some much needed speed. 

• Like 2