2021 Draft Day 2!

Beck Bristow

So I am just as content with our first round pick as I thought I would be. Pretty excited for day two, so of course I'm simming mock drafts:

I think I did a trade down in the 4th

38. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
69. Rashad Weaver EDGE Pittsburgh
119. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame
149. Shi Smith WR South Carolina
157. Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh
190. Camryn Bynum CB California
202. Thomas Graham CB Oregon

My board for 38 would be (only 6 players since we have the 6th pick of rd 2)

Jenkins
Cosmi
Eichenberg
Barmore
Radunz
Humphrey

I think Wyatt Davis' injury pushes him down the board more than people expect.  He might be there at 69, and at that point, i'd say gamble on the upside if Milton Williams isn't there.

I think the Jaguars are going with either JOK or Moehrig

Jets I think will go one of JOK, Javonte Williams, or Asante Samuel

Falcons I think will go Barmore, Moehrig, JOK, or Williams

Dolphins seem primed to take Jenkins, but it's possible they like Cosmi or Eichenberg more for RT.  I wouldn't rule out CB or Edge.

Eagles could also go OL, but CB is going to get thin real quick after this area

Then there is always the possibility that a team trades up in front of us for OL, but it would take at least 3 teams taking OL before i'd be concerned.

17 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My board for 38 would be (only 6 players since we have the 6th pick of rd 2)

Jenkins
Cosmi
Eichenberg
Barmore
Radunz
Humphrey

I think Wyatt Davis' injury pushes him down the board more than people expect.  He might be there at 69, and at that point, i'd say gamble on the upside if Milton Williams isn't there.

So mine is more

Jenkins

Cosmi

Ojulari

Barmore

Samuel

Assai

Those other offensive lineman are guys i would have in mind if I'm trading back.

Provided an OT we like is there at 38, we won't trade down.  So Jenkins, Eichenberg or Cosmi at 38.

In the third, unless the guards start flying off the board, I'd entertain trade offers and possibly try to grab 2 guards or an OG and DE with the extra pick.  

Something like:

2.  Jenkins/Eichenberg

3 (trade back) Cleveland

4.  DE

4b  OG (Green)

5.  Stills 

I know we are taliking day 2, but that's how I'd try to do it.  I don't think RB is in play at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if TE or backup QB isn't either.  The last three picks are special teams guys (LB, another WR, possibly K.

I'd also target a slot guy with return ability in the fourth (Darden).  Getting that extyra piece in a trade back is essential if we want to try to fill all holes in the draft.  To me, if we are willing to go back to FA, I'd grab a vet DE (Kerrigan?) and focus on OG and another WR

Like I stat d yesterday I’m hoping for two OL.  T then G. But that being said, what do you think the effect of getting rid of Terrible Turner and getting Pollack back will have on our O line. Didn’t he draft Price?  Will he put Price back at C under his scheme? I didn’t think he was that bad his rookie year. Does he move Hopkins back to G?   

ilIf you said yes to any or all of it can we get bpa in the 2nd and go OL in the 3rd?

Edited by Who-dey