Draft Day 2 Rounds 2 (61) and Rounds 3 (93)

soflbillsfan

USATSI_13392690_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=9

After Day 1 has come and gone we ended up with a Pass Rusher from University of Miami, Gregory Rousseau.

As Day 2 approaches what seems to be the consensus needs are CB2, LB, IDT (preferably 1 Tech), Oline.....Possibly another WR or TE at this point.  Lets see what Beane comes up with us to shock us in Day 2. 

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t add to the secondary tonight, likely CB.

Another weapon on offense seems likely too. Rondale Moore or Josh Palmer would be good fits. I imagine Elijah Moore is gone by pick 40.

IOL or IDL would also make a lot of sense. I think IDL is still a huge need

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Another weapon on offense seems likely too. Rondale Moore or Josh Palmer would be good fits. I imagine Elijah Moore is gone by pick 40.

You think Wr that early though? If you look at what we currently have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis, Mckenzie, Hodgins who would be cut as we rolled with 6 last year? If they go WR you would have to think it would also have to be a return man too no?

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think Wr that early though? If you look at what we currently have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis, Mckenzie, Hodgins who would be cut as we rolled with 6 last year? If they go WR you would have to think it would also have to be a return man too no?

I think McKenzie and Hodgins end up fighting for one spot. Unless McKenzie completely takes over return duties. 

This time next year Bills will only have Diggs, Beasley and Davis under contract (Hodgins too but he’s a complete unknown 6th rounder). I think Beane wants to add a body there now so next season they’re ready to step into the WR4 spot very cheap (maybe higher if Davis stumbles in year 2).

34 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think almost all of us want them to add a CB today, but I feel like McDermott and Beane love Levi Wallace and are content with him at CB2, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't draft a CB today. I really want Melifonwu though. Another guy that could be there is Dyami Brown. I think he would add another dimension to our offense. He is a playmaker and can play outside or in the slot.

17 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think almost all of us want them to add a CB today, but I feel like McDermott and Beane love Levi Wallace and are content with him at CB2, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't draft a CB today. I really want Melifonwu though. Another guy that could be there is Dyami Brown. I think he would add another dimension to our offense. He is a playmaker and can play outside or in the slot.

I dont think they are as high on Levi as you think as they didnt even tender him as an RFA they ran the risk to get him cheaper and it worked in their favor. He is a solid competitor for the 2 spot but they need someone consistently better and long term. They have brought in a vet every year to compete with him and he has hung around but with Tre's pay day and if he gets on the open market next year teams may be willing to offer him a lot more and bills will be caught with their pants down so I think a CB goes tonight hopefully they move up to land one and give up a 5th rd pick to do so as the bills need quality of players this time around with less holes. ASJ and Melifonwu are my top of my list with Campbell coming in 3rd at CB

33 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I think the Bills are higher on Dane Jackson than they are Levi. I see us adding a CB tonight though for sure. 

McDermott is really good at coaching up the secondary. Him and Beane might think they can find a gem in the later rounds at CB/S and coach them up and use their higher picks on WR, OL, DT, Etc. I am not saying this is the case, but I think this could be a scenario.

My big board:

1. Christian Barmore (IDL)
  2. JOK (LB)
  3. Aaron Robinson (CB)
  4. Pat Freiermuth (TE)
  5. Tyson Campbell (CB)
  6. Asante Samuel Jr (CB)
  7. Milton Williams (IDL)
  8. Terrace Marshall (WR)
  9. Jabril Cox (LB)
  10. Kelvin Joseph (CB)
  11. Shaun Wade (CB)