2021 Cardinals Draft Thread

HoboRocket

6 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I was actually talking about Collins as an option for the Cardinals pre-draft with my family. I really liked him, had him as my LB1 on the board. Rocked up frame, very athletic, and if anyone was a dream fit for Vance Joseph's 0-6-5 package, it's him. He can contribute in that set early on, and then take over for Jordan Hicks down the line.

ILB was also quietly one of the weaker spots on defense this past year, with Jordan Hicks being more of a tackle sponge than an impact player. Hicks likely remains the defensive signal-caller, but Collins will have the ability to contribute in coverage, against the run, and in the pass rush. Gives then a lot of flexibility at the second level moving forward, and a duo of Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons should terrorize opposing teams in the future.

I'm very bullish on the Zaven Collins pick.

Nice draft Cardinals fans!  You got two of my favorite prospects in the entire draft - Zaven Collins and Rondale Moore.

Zaven Collins - I love his combination of size and athleticism.  The way he can rush the passer, play the run, and also drop back into coverage reminds me a lot of Brian Urlacher.  I think he's going to be a very good player in the NFL.

Rondale Moore - One of the most electric prospects out there.  He is a danger to score every time he gets the ball in his hands.  I think we will be watching the Murray-to-Moore connection in highlight films for many years.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you and say that I'm jealous.  :D  Good luck with all your new players!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nice draft Cardinals fans!  You got two of my favorite prospects in the entire draft - Zaven Collins and Rondale Moore.

Zaven Collins - I love his combination of size and athleticism.  The way he can rush the passer, play the run, and also drop back into coverage reminds me a lot of Brian Urlacher.  I think he's going to be a very good player in the NFL.

Rondale Moore - One of the most electric prospects out there.  He is a danger to score every time he gets the ball in his hands.  I think we will be watching the Murray-to-Moore connection in highlight films for many years.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you and say that I'm jealous.  :D  Good luck with all your new players!

Shortest QB throwing passes to the shortest WR. Both are two of the best movers at their positions in the whole league, but both have concerns about getting crushed. Should definitely be fun!

I also really like Marco Wilson as a prospect/project. They announced him as a safety, which I find interesting, but believe it or not a lot of what he does translates well to safety. Very rangy, elite athlete at the position, long, unafraid of making tackles and good against the run, a great blitzer. He played almost exclusively off-man at Florida, and was really awkward when asked to attack WRs at the line, has some issues jamming and bumping at the point of attack. He has experience both inside and outside, and he's an incredibly smooth mover, though, and honestly, it all looks like it translates really well. He could probably be a pretty darn good corner if he could figure out how to use his hands against receivers.

Final Cardinals Draft Picks:

1.16: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa - I think that Collins actually has an elite ceiling, and should be a regular Pro Bowl candidate. I had him as the #1 LB in this class, someone with the body of an edge rusher but the athleticism of a cover linebacker. He's been nothing short of exemplary in his career, actually has a set of pass-rush moves and more development there than you'd expect from a blitzer. He's great at taking on blocks and has good range for the position. He is everything that people were hoping that Jarrad Davis would be. My comp would be Dont'a Hightower. Great leader, can do everything well, can do a few things really well.

2.49: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue - Elite explosion for the position. I know elite gets thrown around a lot... but this guy does have elite juice. I would say that if anyone in this class was likely to develop into a Tyreek Hill-type player, it would be Moore. Not really anything he can't do; extremely versatile, nasty with the ball in his hands. He dominated guys that ended up being 1st-round NFL corners. Consistently beat his opponents. He ran a 4.29 at his pro day, jumped 42.5" in his vertical, benched 24 reps of 225 lbs. He squats 600 lbs. He beat Jeffrey Okudah and Damon Arnette's coverage, he stonewalled Zach Baun. Like literally the scariest college player I've seen with the football in his hands. The main issues? He's the shortest WR in the NFL and has endured a slew of injuries at the collegate level.

4.136: Marco Wilson, CB/S, Florida - Fantastic athlete. 4.34 forty, 11'4" broad jump, 43" vertical, 26 reps on the bench. He was pretty solid at Florida, but really awkward with his hands when asked to press, and got thrown off at the line nearly any time he was asked to bump guys. Played a ton of off-man, though, and was really good at it. The measurables are nice, but in reality, they really just confirmed what I saw on film. He's a very easy mover, very smooth, can run with anyone and really good against the run and as a blitzer. A little bit of a project in coverage if you want him to be able to fill all roles, but he has all the tools.

6.210: Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke - A very consistent and well-rounded player, but projected to fit better in a 4-3. That said, he doesn't really have any weaknesses. Not an exceptional athlete, especially compared to a lot of the guys that the Cardinals have drafted, but some people like him as a starter in the NFL due to his steady motor and refined game.

6.223: Tay Gowan, CB, UCF - I expect Gowan to develop into a solid depth corner and special teams contributor. He's a candidate to move to safety down the road. He's kinda twitchy, but not a deep speed guy. 

7.243: James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati - I actually had Wiggis just outside the top 100 of my big board. He's a playmaker and was phenomenal for the Bearcats in 2018, but missed all of 2019 due to an ACL tear suffered two days before the season opener. He recovered really quickly, getting back to strength in just five months, but then fell down a flight of stairs and injured his meniscus. The dude has really good ball skills and versatility to play split, single-high, or in the slot. He has some tackling issues to clean-up, but from what I've seen, he projects to be a good starter in the NFL.

7.247: Michal Menet, C, Penn State - He's a developmental center prospect. His ceiling is basically already reached as far as his frame and athleticism goes, and he's not going to be a world-beater physically, but he moves pretty well and has a lot of experience. Could end up sticking and being a future starter candidate if his game translates, otherwise just a good practice squad player who brings a lot of knowledge to the table.