2021 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it wouldn't surprise me to see us add two WRs tonight, honestly. Just based on future need beyond 2021, stacking offense for Love, and how the value falls in the draft.

Two WRs on Day 2?  I'd put those chances at less than 1%.  We're probably going to get one of a DL, OT, EDGE, or S tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I know it doesn't lineup on the value chart, but wouldn't be surprised if the Packers could get away with  62 and 135 for 56. My line of thinking only works if the Packers are the only trade partner Seattle has available, but Seattle has sold at a discount on several  occasions in the past 5 years, including a couple of those with the Packers. Add in that Seattle only has 3 picks at the moment and it may be a perfect storm for GB. I will add that the swap of pick you have would still be fine when the Packers are moving up for their desired prospect they don't believe will make it to 62.  

More I think about today the more I want an OL and WR in that order. 

OL it doesn't matter if ARod or Love is the guy we need to help them out - ARod to keep him happy and let him do MVP things, and Love to keep him from dying and throwing some of those BAD reads you saw at Utah St. I suspect I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like the idea of getting a center if someone like Dickerson or Humphrey were to fall. I know we have Jenkins - but I'd rather keep him at LG, helping out whomever will start at LT and C since it won't be Bakh and Lindsley. That said I'm worried there'll be a run on OL at the top of the 2nd right now. 

Just now, chillparsi1 said:

More I think about today the more I want an OL and WR in that order. 

OL it doesn't matter if ARod or Love is the guy we need to help them out - ARod to keep him happy and let him do MVP things, and Love to keep him from dying and throwing some of those BAD reads you saw at Utah St. I suspect I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like the idea of getting a center if someone like Dickerson or Humphrey were to fall. I know we have Jenkins - but I'd rather keep him at LG, helping out whomever will start at LT and C since it won't be Bakh and Lindsley. That said I'm worried there'll be a run on OL at the top of the 2nd right now. 

It's gonna be OT or EDGE with our 2nd round pick, and WR in the 3rd.

As much as I would love another toy (WR), we gotta get our trenches addressed, above all in my opinion is RT. Yes, Elgton Jenkins can play all 5 positions, but he can't play them all at once. And is it too soon to assume Patrick will be sufficient at Center? Whatever the case, going WR in round two just to try to placate Rodgers is silly. I think we got to grab a couple WR prospects in later rounds and hope we hit on one of them. If they want a shifty Jet Gadget guy, maybe a guy like Jaelon Darden can fit the bill. 

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Where do you think he will be taken at? Who is your top WR prospect?

Somewhere in that 38-50 range.  He's not really all that much different then KJ Hamler last year in terms of skillset.

• Like 1