2021 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, chillparsi1 said:

You think the players aren't good enough for inside - or the position value/need isnt?

I think we're going to see a run on IDL in the middle of 2nd round.  And it wasn't a particular good IDL draft to begin with.

Just now, HokieHigh said:

You like Terrace Marshall Jr or Amon-Ra St. Brown?

Like Marshall if the medicals are clean.  But there were reports that there are lower body issues that are going to be hard to swallow.  Dynami Brown and Nico Collins are probably the two guys I'd keep my eye on for the Packers.  They fit the Packers' athletic profile, and the value should be there at the end of the 2nd round or into the 3rd round.  ARSB doesn't really do anything for me.  He's a slightly better version of his brother.

I'm thinking we're going to trade up to get a Tackle and Elgton Jenkins becomes our Center this year unless Jake Hanson blows up in camp. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed put, went OT in the 2nd, and then Quinn Meinerz in the 3rd if he's there. If Meinerz is off the board look for Alim McNeill to be the pick.

Players who most likely will be gone before our pick if we stay at 30 in round two:
OL - 6
Cosmi
Jenkins
Radnuz
Humphrey
Dickerson
Meinerz
WR - 3
Marshall
E.Moore
R.Moore
TE - 1
Freiermuth
QB - 3
Mond
Task
Mills
RB - 1
Williams
DL - 2
Barmore
Levi
DE/OLB - 2
Ojulari
Odeyingbo
ILB - 2
JOK
Bolton
CB - 3
Tyson Campbell
Aaron Robinson
Kelvin Jospeh
Asasnte Samuel
S - 2
Moehrig
Holland

I'm sure some of these will remain. Most likely options for us at 30:
OL - 4
Little
Eichenberg
Mayfield
Christensen
DT - 2
Nixon
McNeil
DE/OLB - 4
Basham
Weaver
Quincy Roche
Pat Jones
ILB - 1
Jabril Cox
CB - 4
Paulson Adebo
Elijiah Molden
Shaun Wade
Melifonwu
S - 2
Andre Cisco
Richie Grant

Good depth at OL, OLB and CB. I wonder if we double dip at CB. I would be suprised if we didn't go OL. There is potentially 10 good OL players and more than one should be availabe to us.

i think the 3rd round is the soft spot for a WR and where I would trade up to get one of the better ones remaining.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's gonna be OT or EDGE with our 2nd round pick, and WR in the 3rd.

You sent me scrambling here. IMHO, the board does seem to be stacked to see a lot of 2nd round OT action and the Packers should be in the mix there, but who are the EDGE players you see in play for the Packers in the back half of round 2?    

1 minute ago, R T said:

You sent me scrambling here. IMHO, the board does seem to be stacked to see a lot of 2nd round OT action and the Packers should be in the mix there, but who are the EDGE players you see in play for the Packers in the back half of round 2?    

Probably more my tinfoil hat talking here, but Carlos Basaham (Wake Forest) and Joseph Assai (Texas) are two guys I'd keep an eye on.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably more my tinfoil hat talking here, but Carlos Basaham (Wake Forest) and Joseph Assai (Texas) are two guys I'd keep an eye on.

I guess in theory I could see that. I had convinced myself in the pre draft process that the board would fall for the Packers to draft a EDGE in the 1st and Tryon, Oweh and Turner were all there, yet they went CB. With CB being a strong possibility in the 2nd, it would be ironic for me if it worked out the other way around. Would guess Basham will go early, but would also think the Packers would like Ossai a great deal. 

18 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Players who most likely will be gone before our pick if we stay at 30 in round two:
OL - 6
Cosmi
Jenkins
Radnuz
Humphrey
Dickerson
Meinerz
WR - 3
Marshall
E.Moore
R.Moore
TE - 1
Freiermuth
QB - 3
Mond
Task
Mills
RB - 1
Williams
DL - 2
Barmore
Levi
DE/OLB - 2
Ojulari
Odeyingbo
ILB - 2
JOK
Bolton
CB - 3
Tyson Campbell
Aaron Robinson
Kelvin Jospeh
Asasnte Samuel
S - 2
Moehrig
Holland

I'm sure some of these will remain. Most likely options for us at 30:
OL - 4
Little
Eichenberg
Mayfield
Christensen
DT - 2
Nixon
McNeil
DE/OLB - 4
Basham
Weaver
Quincy Roche
Pat Jones
ILB - 1
Jabril Cox
CB - 4
Paulson Adebo
Elijiah Molden
Shaun Wade
Melifonwu
S - 2
Andre Cisco
Richie Grant

Good depth at OL, OLB and CB. I wonder if we double dip at CB. I would be suprised if we didn't go OL. There is potentially 10 good OL players and more than one should be availabe to us.

i think the 3rd round is the soft spot for a WR and where I would trade up to get one of the better ones remaining.

Definitely taking one of the remaining OL. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There are guys they will break their own rules for (like Jaire).  Is Elijah Moore really one of those guys?

If he was he probably would of went in the 1st round.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There are guys they will break their own rules for (like Jaire).  Is Elijah Moore really one of those guys?

Probably not but I just like to give cwood hell