2021 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, craig said:

We haven't picked an unsuccessful 3rd round DL for a few years now?  Time to swing for another Thornton or Adams?  

Jonathon Marshall, Arkansas or TaQuon Brown, Texas. Both athletic freaks with late round grades

Just now, squire12 said:

nice set up.   Clicked on the team needs for GB..... WR, LB, OL are the top 3 listed

Pretty certain that is not updated after the round 1 as Jacksonville has QB listed as a need

I just like how they have the main board and then the positional boards off to the side with their position rank and overall rank. I find it perfect. Via a laptop that is. I don't know how it is via phone

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I just like how they have the main board and then the positional boards off to the side with their position rank and overall rank. I find it perfect. Via a laptop that is. I don't know how it is via phone

I like the set up as well.   Just not sold on the player rankings if their team needs analysis is that poor for GB

1 hour ago, R T said:

If he was he probably would of went in the 1st round.

FWIW, regarding the two Moores, from just watching "the tape" from my armchair (YouTube vids), I like Rondale a bit more than Elijah. Yes, at 5'7 his catching radius is a concern, as is durability, but just as far as YAC, Rondale offers more in my humble opinion, at least in a strictly jet role. It's not simply his 4.29/40 speed, but he has alot of twitch, shiftiness, yet also some power in those legs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondale picked before Elijah, though Elijah may have less question marks and offer more route versatility, at least initially. Whatever the case, I'd be shocked if either make past around pick #50, way beyond the Packers reach even if they moved up 10 spots which is about as much as they could afford to manage.

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I like the set up as well.   Just not sold on the player rankings if their team needs analysis is that poor for GB

I crossed off the players as they were taken last night. Pretty good - but it's the First Round. I don't care about the analysis at all. I just want ease of use

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Packers picks 62 + 92 (416 points) to Arizona pick 49 (410 points). Arizona don't currently have a 3rd rounder hence the possibility of a trade. Looking at the @cannondale link to his favourite thehuddlereport value board gives some very nice options. Picks 49-51 are listed as WR Rondale Moore, C Creed Humphrey,  WR Terrace Marshall. If you wanted to drop as far as #58 on the board you could have DL Milton Williams. Lots of options that are probably gone by pick 62.

Packers lose their 3rd round pick.............but their recent record there is poor.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Packers picks 62 + 92 (416 points) to Arizona pick 49 (410 points). Arizona don't currently have a 3rd rounder hence the possibility of a trade. Looking at @cannondale favourite thehuddlereport value board gives some very nice options. Picks 49-51 are listed as WR Rondale Moore, C Creed Humphrey,  WR Terrace Marshall. If you wanted to drop as far as #58 on the board you could have DL Milton Williams. Lots of options that are probably gone by pick 62.

Packers lose their 3rd round pick.............but their recent record there is poor.

I might be in the minority, but I don't want to give up a 3rd to move 10 spots in the 2nd. I'm not sure I see that value there unless there's a couple surprise drops (like Jenkins or JOK)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't want to give up a 3rd to move 10 spots in the 2nd. I'm not sure I see that value there unless there's a couple surprise drops (like Jenkins or JOK)

It's 13 spots and if you look at the possible players projected on THR, there would be several players who look to be a tier higher than what would be available at 62. Given the Packers recent poor record (as I already mentioned) with third round picks, a trade up looks relatively attractive.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's 13 spots and if you look at the possible players projected on THR, there would be several players who look to be a tier higher than what would be available at 62. Given the Packers recent poor record (as I already mentioned) with third round picks, a trade up looks relatively attractive.

I believe you are correct, if it gets the Packers a tier better player it will be strongly considered. But I don't think their resent 3rd picks have anything to do with it.  

7 minutes ago, R T said:

I believe you are correct, if it gets the Packers a tier better player it will be strongly considered. But I don't think their resent 3rd picks have anything to do with it.  

To be clear, I meant that the poor third round record would make the loss of that pick more palatable to FANS. Like you say, I don't think it affects the Packers front office at all.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

To be clear, I meant that the poor third round record would make the loss more palatable to FANS. Like you say, I don't think it affects the Packers front office at all.

Happy Medium? Packers 62 and 92 to the Titans for 53 and 126. 

Someone pointed out it might be good to draft an OL to add depth to ensure Love will have a good OL when/if he eventually takes over. He is absolutely right.

However it's not like our OL has zero depth. We have still have Runyan, Hanson and Stepaniak, We've been developing Nijman for the last two seasons. On the other hand our DL has literally zero depth behind Clark and perhaps Keke. It is a position of absolute urgency.

Also it is alot easier to find a good OL in the later rounds than it is to find a good DL.

This is why I feel we should be targeting a DL tonight. We can always draft an OL later on.

Tonight i'm hoping to come away with a DL and a WR. We MUST draft a WR because (not for lack of effort) we failed to find someone in FA in the last few years, we have failed to trade for a WR, unlucky for not having good WRs falling to us in the draft and the troublesome fact that ALL our WRs are out of contract after the season.

Circumstances is forcing us to reach for a WR tonight. Rightly or wrongly I would be very surprised if we don't try to reach.

Using with the same logic, we need to ensure we have good receivers in place when/if Love takes over.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1