NFL Draft Day 2 GDT

Forge

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Time to trade up in the 2nd round, give up your 3rd rounder if you have to. Not enough available spots on this deep roster so go get your guy. 

I feel like I'm staying put at 2, but moving way up from our round 3 pick. 

• Like 3

Given the amount of rosterable depth we picked this year, don’t hate the idea of a trade up, or even a trade back for future picks.

Hoping we end up with Humprhy or Samuel. Wouldn’t hate ending up with Basham or Moore.

I'm almost never in favor of moving up a few spots to get "your guy". I'll bet there is virtually no difference in NFL success rates for guys picked 43 vs something like 36 or 37. I'd prefer to stay put and expect the probability of hitting on a guy with a pick around 100 more than makes up for staying put at 43 rather than moving up a handful of places.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Given the amount of rosterable depth we picked this year, don’t hate the idea of a trade up, or even a trade back for future picks.

Hoping we end up with Humprhy or Samuel. Wouldn’t hate ending up with Basham or Moore.

Future picks would be great, especially with some of those day 3 picks. 

I really think Samuel is going to be high on the list. 

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yes, now this I love. Trading a 5th for future 4th, or 6th for future 5th is a great approach, especially when guys you pick at those spots this year won't likely make the roster.

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Killing a little time here - Waddle or Smith? Which one will have the better NFL career?

Waddle. When they both played Waddle was the number one and Smith two. But i think it will end up depending who can stay healthy.