Saints 2021 NFL Draft Results and Discussion:

whodatworm23

This Paulson Adebo pick seems like it could be a real steal for us. Led the nation in pass break ups his Sophomore year and was top 5 in his junior season. Had excellent grades for coverage from PFF. 

Also had an excellent RAS score

The interception 30 seconds in is certainly a welcomed sight after all our dropped potential interceptions last season (that Bucs playoff game was brutal).

The natural ball skills are very evident with him making a switch from WR to CB at Stanford. Seems Richard Sherman would be the perfect guy to bring in to help mentor him given he was also a WR turned CB from Stanford. 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The stars do seem to be aligning toward the Saints trying to get Richard Sherman. 

Might even help get Lattimore to become more consistent and an overall better player.

• Like 2

It's kinda crazy to look at the recent history of what the Saints have done in the 3rd round.

Last night we traded both the 98th and 105th (both compensatory picks) to Denver to get the Bronco"s #76 pick. It's worth noting that 3 of the next 4 picks were defensive players, so the war room clearly knew there was a sweet spot here to take action.

Here's the crazy part. We've traded up in the third round for three years in a row.
2019 Draft - We traded up for C.J. Gardner-Johnson at No. 105.
2020 Draft - We traded up twice in the third round for LB Zack Baun at No. 74 and TE Adam Trautman at No. 105.
2021 Draft - The aforementioned No. 76 for CB Paulson Adebo.

I like how this works! I can't wait to see how Adebo fits in, and I think it was a really good, sneaky pick. They're saying he should have gone higher, but there was some skepticism throughout the NFL about his as he was an "opt-out" last season.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I still think this will happen... makes too much sense not to. Payton openly gushes about Sherman, he lives him. Kris Richards is close friends with Sherman, the Saints are desperate for a starting veteran corner. Lattimore is a mover which will allow Sherman to stay on the left side. ADEBO is a former converted Stanford WR just like Sherman whom I'd bet if Sherman would mentor anyone it would be him. The Saints are still a talented roster who gives Sherman a shot to face Brady twice a season.

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

I still think this will happen... makes too much sense not to. Payton openly gushes about Sherman, he lives him. Kris Richards is close friends with Sherman, the Saints are desperate for a starting veteran corner. Lattimore is a mover which will allow Sherman to stay on the left side. ADEBO is a former converted Stanford WR just like Sherman whom I'd bet if Sherman would mentor anyone it would be him. The Saints are still a talented roster who gives Sherman a shot to face Brady twice a season.

I think the main thing will come down to money.  The Saints probably have the least cap space of the 4 interested teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think the main thing will come down to money.  The Saints probably have the least cap space of the 4 interested teams.

Don't be shocked to see the Saints target specific positions tonight for cheap labor that allows them to move on from veterans opening up cap space for Sherman.

RB... could save over 2 million cutting Murray 

Nickel Corner... could save 2 million cutting P-Rob

They must sign a vet corner, they will find a way to open the 💸 

I would still like to see us draft another LB today as there are some really talented ones still on the board. Dylan Moses has 1st round talent but has injury concerns. Would be well worth the risk in the 4th round. Demario Davis isn't exactly a spring chicken, and we don't have much else at LB currently even with drafting Werner last night. Jabril Cox would also be a solid option, but I really like Moses explosiveness

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I would still like to see us draft another LB today as there are some really talented ones still on the board. Dylan Moses has 1st round talent but has injury concerns. Would be well worth the risk in the 4th round. Demario Davis isn't exactly a spring chicken, and we don't have much else at LB currently even with drafting Werner last night. Jabril Cox would also be a solid option, but I really like Moses explosiveness

I agree... Cox (LSU guy), Moses (Louisiana kid) or Barnes (Purdue) would be awesome picks and would give the Saints depth and competition at the position with Werner and Baun. I'd be all for it.