Day 2 Mock Draft

WindyCity

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Cleveland Browns for 2[59] and 4[110]. Every time Pace has traded up in round 1 he has trade down in round 2 to recoup picks. The Browns have more picks than can make their roster and I expect they will be aggressive.

2[59] OT Stone Forsythe [Florida] 6'8" 315lbs.

I know the Bears need a CB that can come in and play early, but once you invest in Fields it has to be about putting him in the best position to succeed. The system that Nagy wants to run is not easy for OTs. The amount of passing, the amount of shotgun, it puts a lot of pressure on your OTs and the Bears group is mediocre. Forsythe should compete at RT early and could be the long term LT. His size and wing span are so immense that defenders simply have a hard time getting around him. 

Stone Forsythe NFL Draft Expert Prediction

3[83] WR Dwayne Eskridge [Western Michigan] 5'9" 185lbs.

Undersized, but blazing fast and incredibly physical he would add a dimension of speed to the slot that the Bears do not have. Eskridge is also a very good run blocker an a gunner on special teams. One of Fields best qualities is that he can make moves in the pocket and he can throw the ball downfield. The Bears do not have enough speed to take advantage of this trait. This would give the Bears 3 WRs that run 4.3.

D'Wayne Eskridge 2021 NFL Draft Profile

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Would be quality to get these too...like Brown more than Forsythe but wouldn't be disappointed at all...Eskridge is a baller.

I just think as much as we need a CB, we have to build around Fields and do everything to make sure he has early success.

Our OTs are not good enough to thrive in the system Nagy wants to run.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I just think as much as we need a CB, we have to build around Fields and do everything to make sure he has early success.

We need to see what the corners Pace has stockpiled can do. Maybe pick up a guy at cutdown time. Too much draft capital has already been spent on the defense, for far too long. Maybe a sixth round pick, I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No, they're clearly not. Ifedi has a shot to be, I suppose. But there will probably have to be an upgrade there at some point. Leno needs to be replaced immediately. 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Yeah right now we have to forget the defence and let the ton of guys we have at the CB spot to battle it out...we have to build around Fields from day 1.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah right now we have to forget the defence and let the ton of guys we have at the CB spot to battle it out...we have to build around Fields from day 1.

Absolutely. If the defense takes a hit with Johnson and whomever at corner...then it does. Live with it. It's unlikely the Bears will reach the Super Bowl this year, anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we throw a couple day 3 picks and hope at CB.

I agree the focus needs to be on offense.

• Like 1