With the 33rd pick, the Jaguars select DB Tyson Campbell

pwny

Just now, pwny said:

I can verify that Dilla is wrong here. He never followed the team account. 

Phew.

I still am a big CJ fan. Really hope this pick has nothing to do with him behind the scenes regardless.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Phew.

I still am a big CJ fan. Really hope this pick has nothing to do with him behind the scenes regardless.

Somebody must have told him internet drama started over it, because he's following the team now lol.

• Like 2

Ehhh...kind of a disappointing pick for me.  With the investment of draft capital and cap space in Henderson and Griffin respectively.  But it's obviously a point of emphasis for Urban to stock his defense with quality DBs who have length and speed, philosophically.  And it's never really a bad thing to have quality depth of DBs in general...especially CBs who can play on the boundary.

Don't really love a DB who doesn't seem to have a great feel for finding and making plays on the ball.  But fundamentally, if you want those "premium athlete" CBs who have the desired length and speed...you're gonna have to accept some sort of compromises unless you want to keep spending high first rounders on a really "clean and complete" one.

So, i guess if stocking with high-demand CB athletes is gonna be the case one way or the other...i like spending a 33rd pick on a less complete one and hoping they can evolve a bit with NFL coaching, more than spending Top-10 picks on them.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...kind of a disappointing pick for me.  With the investment of draft capital and cap space in Henderson and Griffin respectively.  But it's obviously a point of emphasis for Urban to stock his defense with quality DBs who have length and speed, philosophically.  And it's never really a bad thing to have quality depth of DBs in general...especially CBs who can play on the boundary.

Don't really love a DB who doesn't seem to have a great feel for finding and making plays on the ball.  But fundamentally, if you want those "premium athlete" CBs who have the desired length and speed...you're gonna have to accept some sort of compromises unless you want to keep spending high first rounders on a really "clean and complete" one.

So, i guess if stocking with high-demand CB athletes is gonna be the case one way or the other...i like spending a 33rd pick on a less complete one and hoping they can evolve a bit with NFL coaching, more than spending Top-10 picks on them.

I'm guessing josiah scott is gone.  5 foot 9 with 29 3/8 arm length.

Luq barcoo might have a shot to stick. 6 foot 1 with a solid 4.4 speed and 32 inch arms. 

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I'm guessing josiah scott is gone.  5 foot 9 with 29 3/8 arm length.

Luq barcoo might have a shot to stick. 6 foot 1 with a solid 4.4 speed and 32 inch arms. 

Yeah.  Really doesn't look good for him.  Too bad, 'cause he was a pretty fun player coming out.  Really, his only shot would be trying to make himself a core STer or something...but even that seems pretty unlikely, all things considered, and with his lack of size.

Oh well.  Feel like he'll hardly be the only casualty of "housecleaning" of later picks leftover from prior regime, as Urban comes in and reshapes the team.  Seems like it's probably best for him to get a chance to move on to somewhere else that he's got a better shot of catching on anyway.  Teams that really seek out smaller scrappy little DBs these days are pretty few and far between leaguewide though.

Edited by Tugboat