2021: 02.34 - Jets select WR Elijah Moore

Bianconero

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Love the pick!!! Wr wasn’t a big need anymore but he’s got elite traits so you have to take the talent every time. 

On the surface no, but next year we're back to having only Davis and Mims under contract.

Someone else said it, Elijah Moore has every right to battle Mims for a starting spot. And I think he'll eventually overtake Davis. Elijah Moore burned every SEC DB to a crisp and has game breaking ability. I am so happy with this pick and this draft as a whole. 

49 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

On the surface no, but next year we're back to having only Davis and Mims under contract.

Someone else said it, Elijah Moore has every right to battle Mims for a starting spot. And I think he'll eventually overtake Davis. Elijah Moore burned every SEC DB to a crisp and has game breaking ability. I am so happy with this pick and this draft as a whole. 

Ya that was me who said it. Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us. Healthy competition and run 4 WR sets. I love Mims don’t get me wrong. And I do think he probably wins the starting job. But Moore deserves a ton of snaps with his skill set. It’s on LaFleur to get these guys touches. It’s a problem we haven’t had to have for awhile. And I like it. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya that was me who said it. Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us. Healthy competition and run 4 WR sets. I love Mims don’t get me wrong. And I do think he probably wins the starting job. But Moore deserves a ton of snaps with his skill set. It’s on LaFleur to get these guys touches. It’s a problem we haven’t had to have for awhile. And I like it. 

The good thing is we have Davis and Mims who can play outside then Crowder and Moore who can play inside.  Moore can take some jet sweeps or Mahomes style passes as well.  Plenty of options, which I think can only help out Herndon whose career depends on this season.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Moore can play out of the backfield too. We could very well have 5 wide receivers on the field at a given time with Moore in the backfield. He is going to be so fun to watch in this offense and a fantasy stud to boot.

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The good thing is we have Davis and Mims who can play outside then Crowder and Moore who can play inside.  Moore can take some jet sweeps or Mahomes style passes as well.  Plenty of options, which I think can only help out Herndon whose career depends on this season.

Cole should be a solid contributor as well (and probably the #4 once Crowder goes)

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Cole should be a solid contributor as well (and probably the #4 once Crowder goes)

Cole is on a 1 year deal. And really should be 5th on the depth chart now. Great problem to have. Have a guy like him as the 5th guy. Bc all these guys won’t be healthy every week

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cole is on a 1 year deal. And really should be 5th on the depth chart now. Great problem to have. Have a guy like him as the 5th guy. Bc all these guys won’t be healthy every week

I think last year really put the fear of WR depth into JD. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They gave Cole enough money that I’d imagine they view him as worthy of a bigger role and likely promised him one larger than that of a fifth receiver. Plus, I find it unlikely they’re going to spend >$15M combined on Crowder and Cole while already having Davis, Mims, and Moore.