Jump to content

2021: 02.34 - Jets select WR Elijah Moore


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Home run. 

 

 

We have two of AJ Brown's boys now (Davis and Moore). He's a soon to be free agent. Just putting the pieces together.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Love the pick!!! Wr wasn’t a big need anymore but he’s got elite traits so you have to take the talent every time. 

On the surface no, but next year we're back to having only Davis and Mims under contract.

Someone else said it, Elijah Moore has every right to battle Mims for a starting spot. And I think he'll eventually overtake Davis. Elijah Moore burned every SEC DB to a crisp and has game breaking ability. I am so happy with this pick and this draft as a whole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t forget about Poole for the slot

Yeah I like the flashes from Guidry last year but not ready to count on him.  Poole coming back makes a ton of sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

On the surface no, but next year we're back to having only Davis and Mims under contract.

Someone else said it, Elijah Moore has every right to battle Mims for a starting spot. And I think he'll eventually overtake Davis. Elijah Moore burned every SEC DB to a crisp and has game breaking ability. I am so happy with this pick and this draft as a whole. 

Ya that was me who said it. Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us. Healthy competition and run 4 WR sets. I love Mims don’t get me wrong. And I do think he probably wins the starting job. But Moore deserves a ton of snaps with his skill set. It’s on LaFleur to get these guys touches. It’s a problem we haven’t had to have for awhile. And I like it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya that was me who said it. Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us. Healthy competition and run 4 WR sets. I love Mims don’t get me wrong. And I do think he probably wins the starting job. But Moore deserves a ton of snaps with his skill set. It’s on LaFleur to get these guys touches. It’s a problem we haven’t had to have for awhile. And I like it. 

The good thing is we have Davis and Mims who can play outside then Crowder and Moore who can play inside.  Moore can take some jet sweeps or Mahomes style passes as well.  Plenty of options, which I think can only help out Herndon whose career depends on this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya that was me who said it. Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us. Healthy competition and run 4 WR sets. I love Mims don’t get me wrong. And I do think he probably wins the starting job. But Moore deserves a ton of snaps with his skill set. It’s on LaFleur to get these guys touches. It’s a problem we haven’t had to have for awhile. And I like it. 

Moore can play out of the backfield too. We could very well have 5 wide receivers on the field at a given time with Moore in the backfield. He is going to be so fun to watch in this offense and a fantasy stud to boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The good thing is we have Davis and Mims who can play outside then Crowder and Moore who can play inside.  Moore can take some jet sweeps or Mahomes style passes as well.  Plenty of options, which I think can only help out Herndon whose career depends on this season.

Cole should be a solid contributor as well (and probably the #4 once Crowder goes)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Cole should be a solid contributor as well (and probably the #4 once Crowder goes)

Cole is on a 1 year deal. And really should be 5th on the depth chart now. Great problem to have. Have a guy like him as the 5th guy. Bc all these guys won’t be healthy every week

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup JD sure turned what was an awful group for us into a great young group in 2 years

Just took a little time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cole is on a 1 year deal. And really should be 5th on the depth chart now. Great problem to have. Have a guy like him as the 5th guy. Bc all these guys won’t be healthy every week

I think last year really put the fear of WR depth into JD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cole is on a 1 year deal. And really should be 5th on the depth chart now. Great problem to have. Have a guy like him as the 5th guy. Bc all these guys won’t be healthy every week

They gave Cole enough money that I’d imagine they view him as worthy of a bigger role and likely promised him one larger than that of a fifth receiver. Plus, I find it unlikely they’re going to spend >$15M combined on Crowder and Cole while already having Davis, Mims, and Moore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...