2021: 02.34 - Jets select WR Elijah Moore

Bianconero

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims didn’t do enough last year to for sure we the starter for us

His numbers support that but maybe not the reality, assuming he can stay healthy. His numbers would probably have been double if he was not ignored in the second half of almost every game. There were way too many times he was wide open and not even looked at. I don’t know if that was gase’s micro-managing control of who Sam should throw to or Sam’s inability to scan the field. Probably a bit of both. The point is, Mims did his job which was to get in position to receive the pass. With a more competent coaching staff and, hopefully, QB. Mims should prove his worth as a starter.

Of course that does not mean he should not have to earn it in TC as should every player including QB, but I think it is safe to say he could be penciled in as the starting outside WR. 

Edited by xrade

I never really did research on Moore because based on his draft grades I didn't think he'd be available in the 2nd nor did I think JD would take him at 23. Now that we have him and I've watched some more of him, I love this pick. I think he quickly becomes Zach's favorite weapon, he just simply gets open all over the field. 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

I never really did research on Moore because based on his draft grades I didn't think he'd be available in the 2nd nor did I think JD would take him at 23. Now that we have him and I've watched some more of him, I love this pick. I think he quickly becomes Zach's favorite weapon, he just simply gets open all over the field. 

He’s great. I just really didn’t think we’d even think WR until the 4th or so. So I was surprised too. In a great way. He’s very different than Davis and Mims which is great. Have guys that can do different things. Now defenses have to worry about all phases of our game. Making the game easier for everyone on offense. Opening up running lanes for our RBs. Then making defenses have to respect that and leave our WRs 1 on 1. Which they’ll the vast majority of the time win. And we have an accurate QB. It’s all finally coming together. Just took 2 decades.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s great. I just really didn’t think we’d even think WR until the 4th or so. So I was surprised too. In a great way. He’s very different than Davis and Mims which is great. Have guys that can do different things. Now defenses have to worry about all phases of our game. Making the game easier for everyone on offense. Opening up running lanes for our RBs. Then making defenses have to respect that and leave our WRs 1 on 1. Which they’ll the vast majority of the time win. And we have an accurate QB. It’s all finally coming together. Just took 2 decades.

2?  How about 5. This is truly the best I have felt about the future of this team in 5 decades. Ok maybe 4. We have always had a FO or coaching staff that concentrated on one side of the ball, not in-sync or were just flat out incompetent.  Or sometime just immediate gratification with no vision for the future. That is all changed as of right now. 

• Like 1

His route running is very crisp. We did well with this pick. Still wish we got another guard too. Having not even seen Clarke dress last season it is hard to feel comfortable about the right side. Fant is OK. GVR is bad, Clarke couldn't dress. Would like to see us sign a CB and either sign a guy like Trai Turner, or maybe even get cute and package Crowder and a 2022 mid rounder for a team that has a surplus. Protecting the kid is the most important thing this season. Having him develop and stay both comfortable and confident. Wins will come eventually. I think 6-11 or even 7-10 is realistic. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One thing that held him back a little bit was his QB not leading him on some deep balls.  With Zach's arm this can be an outstanding connection.

Matt Corral is a good qb.   New offensive system which is WCO may be the reason for that but Moore got plenty.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Matt Corral is a good qb.   New offensive system which is WCO may be the reason for that but Moore got plenty.

His accuracy is poor and that's not a system fit problem. It's a Corral problem, imagine how much better Moore's production would've been had the ball been on the money more often.

He reminds me of Steve Smith. He eats zone defenses alive. His IQ shows on tape. The only team he didn't kill was Auburn and that wasn't his fault. 7/8 games with 10+ catches, 6/8 with 100+yds, 3/8 games with 200+yds..... in all SEC games. If he played as many games as Devonta Smith, his numbers could have been similar. He's going to be a problem for defenses early. His 4.3 speed to go along with Mims' 4.3. Man...

About the only nitpicking negative I saw in his tape is his propensity to dance a little too much at the line. However, he is so quick, it is less of an issue than maybe a larger WR would have. Should be an easy fix if the coaches think it is a problem. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

His route running is very crisp. We did well with this pick. Still wish we got another guard too. Having not even seen Clarke dress last season it is hard to feel comfortable about the right side. Fant is OK. GVR is bad, Clarke couldn't dress. Would like to see us sign a CB and either sign a guy like Trai Turner, or maybe even get cute and package Crowder and a 2022 mid rounder for a team that has a surplus. Protecting the kid is the most important thing this season. Having him develop and stay both comfortable and confident. Wins will come eventually. I think 6-11 or even 7-10 is realistic. 

Just assume we drafted Clark this year. Ignore last year, he was injured and couldn't practice.

No secret this kid is best in the slot. But do we really think he's beating out Crowder? I doubt it. I think he might challenge Mims for an outside spot actually.

Ideally we just run A LOT of 4 WR sets and have Crowder and Moore in the slots on either side with Mims and Davis on the outside. No TE and rely on the OL holding up.