TRADE! 38th overall pick Christian Barmore - DT - Alabama

Deadpulse

I have absolutely no issue with Barmore being a situational player at least for his first couple of seasons. The Pats haven't had a guy who could reliably disrupt as an interior pass rusher since Trey Flowers, and Barmore's physical tools far outshine Flowers'.

I think we need temper expectations with him, seems like his career could be boom or bust.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-saban-defends-christian-barmore-143438791.html

“We never had any issues here with him at all when it came to structure, whether it was football or academics,” Saban said. “He always worked hard in the offseason program and he did whatever everybody told him to do. We were were very structured in regards to academics and he worked very hard at that.”

He continued to say, “I never had a problem with him. He’s a good kid.”

Bill is close with Saban, I am sure Bill inquired about Barmore and probably got him on his recommendation. Also, the Patriots are Barmore's favorite NFL team, not sure if that gives him any additional motivation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard talked to multiple scouts

Felgers buddy. OOOOOK!  I think I will go to their coach. Hey Sabs whats up. Do you really believe Saban would not mentioned this to BB!!!!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/28/nick-saban-disputes-criticism-of-christian-barmore/

Have two just like it.

Zac Wilson is bad!!! Reliable (rats) sources !!!

I love this one,  Phil Perry. Pats interested in Mariota. Two days later its national news, lead story!

Boston Sports Journal’s  is owned by Bedard. I wonder how many clicks he gets for this one !

Edited by m haynes

On 5/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, Starless said:

I will say that this is easily my favorite pick of the draft.

I will also say that the last time the Pats traded up in the 2nd round to select a player who was widely considered the best of his class at that position, it was Chad Jackson, so keep things in perspective. 

what are you trying to say? jackson was great

Man.. i remember being so excited about that Chad Jackson pick .. he had great hands, looked like he was going to be a dominant receiver.. then ... nothing lol 

I also absolutely loved the Bethel Johnson pick and thought he would be Tyreek Hill before Tyreek Hill .. so never trust me when it comes to WR analysis ( I really want the Patriots to trade for Andy Isabella by the way.. I think he would be awesome with Mac Jones) 

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1