17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Teven Jenkins draft selection

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was going to break down Kollman’s breakdown with my own thoughts and observations, but screenshots are too much of a pain to upload somewhere and then post here.

Kollman notices crazy little things or highly technical things (which is interesting), but he often overlooks more basic and fundamental things.  He also misevaluates players potential quite a bit, but I still really like most of his videos.    

If they call holding on Jenkins finishing moves I am going to be pissed.  That is NOT holding, but so many refs suck.

Only thing I wish he would do more is gather his hips a bit more into delivering a blow.   Like most huge guys he relies a lot on brute strength instead of using force multipliers.  

Sometimes he gets his hands and elbows a little wide too.

But this guy has some of better overall fundamentals I have seen outside of Iowa coached dudes.   You can see it across their O line too.   They got a good O line coach at OSU.  

that was, a good video. i've never seen one of his things before, so i was wondering if he was a bears fan that evaluated dudes or just hit on the top prospects. that being said, when he ended the video saying "we'll find out more at his pro day coming up" i knew he wasn't some homer fan trying to hype up their new rookie

31 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

that was, a good video. i've never seen one of his things before, so i was wondering if he was a bears fan that evaluated dudes or just hit on the top prospects. that being said, when he ended the video saying "we'll find out more at his pro day coming up" i knew he wasn't some homer fan trying to hype up their new rookie

He does nice work, apparently he sometimes overstates thigns according to more knowledageble football people but his videos are well done and brings up some interesting points. He does a football podcast with a local Bears fan, but-get this-he's been a Texans fan for years but always kinda liked the Bears, but just before the draft quit on the Texans and went full Halas. 

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

He does nice work, apparently he sometimes overstates thigns according to more knowledageble football people but his videos are well done and brings up some interesting points. He does a football podcast with a local Bears fan, but-get this-he's been a Texans fan for years but always kinda liked the Bears, but just before the draft quit on the Texans and went full Halas. 

You actually got it backwards, hes a diehard Bears fan, who became a Texans fan when they drafted Deshaun Watson, he has basically renounced his Texans fandom at this point.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, Madmike90 said:

After hearing Teven Jenkins' story about how he ended up playing RT at OK State how can he not be our favourite pick? 😂

that's why i'm confident he can play LT. he was the starter there, then the RT got hurt, and the 3rd guy was more comfortable at LT, so jenk made the move for the better of the team. better to have a B starter at LT and an A at RT than an A at LT and a C at RT

• Like 1