Grade Teven Jenkins   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Teven Jenkins draft selection

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I would have been thrilled with Jenkins a #20 let alone here...sure given up the 3rd hurts but honestly if you have real conviction on these guys who you have 1st round grades on and they fall to the 2nd AND it is at a big time position of need AND you need to protect a franchise QB why would you not go after it?...

Jenkins is a freak athlete who plays nasty and with really good technique...very few 6-6" 317lbs humans run a 40 in 5 seconds flat, rep 36 and then jump a 32'1/2" vertical...I think he can play LT for us but we have a need at RT and it now gives us dept at OT as well as inside with the flexibility that Ifedi adds.

They were talking about on NFL network how since there was less pre draft events and other restrictions, a lot of teams have smaller boards.  Maybe the bears are going full bore into their top few and trying just to get the guys they are really confident in?

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Jenkins is a freak athlete who plays nasty and with really good technique...very few 6-6" 317lbs humans run a 40 in 5 seconds flat, rep 36 and then jump a 32'1/2" vertical...I think he can play LT for us but we have a need at RT and it now gives us dept at OT as well as inside with the flexibility that Ifedi adds.

He's a LT. For sure. All day, every day. 

(Jenkins) ranked No. 3 amongst tackles in PFF run-blocking grade last season. Jenkins shut down a procession of Big 12 edge rushers in pass protection over his career, including Texas’ Joseph Assai. He gave up zero sacks and only two hits over the last two years.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears never do what I want.   I am happy with draft for first time in memory.  

Right? What is this feeling? Bears doing smart things instead of the usual Bears things? I don't get it but I love it!

• Like 3