Grade Teven Jenkins   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Teven Jenkins draft selection

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

He was on the short list for guys I wanted at 20... We're spending a lot of capital to move up..... but in both cases, Pace is absolutely crushing this draft by getting talent well above where I think they should have gone.

• Like 2

This is just plain excellent drafting and not trying to be the smartest person in the room. I was telling my GF, the Jets did exactly what we did with Trubisky with Zach Wilson.....Like they arent just saying he will be good, but somehow Zach will be BETTER than Fields. This year the Bears just got the best players. Not some raw prospect from division 2 who has all the physical tools and only started 6 games haha

My only concern is that CB is a huge hole for us this year. I love JJ but the knock on him in college was injury and he got injured last year. Trufants whole thing is injury. We are easily going to be starting Vildor or Shelley a few games and they were terrible.

My guess is the plan is to get Dalton and Foles contracts off the books and use that money for a CB. But this year that secondary is kind of toast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

He was on the short list for guys I wanted at 20... We're spending a lot of capital to move up..... but in both cases, Pace is absolutely crushing this draft by getting talent well above where I think they should have gone.

Absolutely. He's taking quality over quantity and not just going BPA either.....he's going after HIS guys and doing whatever it takes to get them.  You get a QB.....you need to give him protection and someone to grow with and he's done that.

Hopefully we now have a good QB and T locked up for the next decade. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

My only concern is that CB is a huge hole for us this year. I love JJ but the knock on him in college was injury and he got injured last year. Trufants whole thing is injury. We are easily going to be starting Vildor or Shelley a few games and they were terrible.

They might think they have something with Tre Roberson too... He was injured last year and hasn't gotten his shot yet with us.

57 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Some pundits had us missing out on Fields and taking Jenkins with 20th pick and now we have both.

Glad to see this pick.  All of the top LT prospects are gone but this kid may be the nastiest RT run blocker I've seen in awhile.

Another smart move to trade up.  What did it cost us?

Edited by soulman

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Glad to see this pick.  All of the top LT prospects are but this kid may be the nastiest RT run blocker I've seen in awhile.

Another smart move to trade up.  What did it cost us?

#52, #83, #204 in exchange for #39, #151

EDIT MESSED UP

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I like the pick. Don't like losing rhe 3rd rounder but if Jenkins is the player I think he can be then it won't matter.

Well that was a pretty good draft guys. See ya next year!

Pace still has 4 6th rounders to use to trade up with.  I hope if he sees a guy there that he likes then go all in and get him. May as well. If he's gonna swing....swing big.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You had to know they wanted that 5th back.  That's Pace's best round.  I might package 2 more 6ths together and get another 5 too.

Slot receiver and CB.  Model of efficiency

15 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

My guess is the plan is to get Dalton and Foles contracts off the books and use that money for a CB. But this year that secondary is kind of toast.

Uh....not gonna happen this year.  Dalton is 100% gtd his $10 mil so that's $10 mil dead cap if he's released.  $ 7 mil if traded.  Foles dead cap would $14.3 mil if released but can be reduced to $5.3 mil if traded.  Good luck unloading either unless someone really needs a vet QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Like the player, hate watching Pace continue to give away picks. Hope there's a plan for replacing Robinson, Leno, Hicks, Trevathan, Gipson, etc. next season.

They arent planning on replacing Robinson, they just drafted Leno's replacement.  Hicks replacement is already on the roster and likely to be extended this offseason.  They have proven they can throw any replacement level safety next to E-Jax and get decent production.  Trevathan is not particularly difficult to replace at this point.  Not sure what the debbie downer stuff is here.