🏈 Pick #43 is in: S, Trevon Moehrig, TCU

8 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

Moehrig is a fantastic football player.Β 

I had him as my 21st overall player in the draft. Great range, instincts, ball skills, a lot of experience. And a great scheme fit.

If you told me we landed Moehrig in the first and Leatherwood in the second I would have been VERY happy. I still am upset we left value on the table yesterday, but I Leatherwood has the tools, and I am by no means an OL expert.Β 

Moehrig though, I have a hard time understanding anyone that is upset at this selection or doesn't believe he is worthy of the selection. He has the potential to be an All Pro FS IMO. Absolutely thrilled with this selection.Β 

This encapsulates exactly how I feel too! I actually think that FS is a vastly undervalued position and a very crucial position. There aren't many really good defences with average or below average safety play. Especially in the Gus Bradley scheme this was a vital cog that needs to be filled with a quality player. We have Heath and Joseph as depth too which is very valuable.Β 

Another thing I'm happy about is that we actually grabbed the bull by the horns and were proactive in trading up. Like the positive attitude in that. Leatherwood I wasn't thrilled about but we'll have to see how the young man does. Would gave liked to have traded down a few spots and grabbed another 2nd or 3rd.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Β I'm going to hold off on the word alpha right while. lol

Haha, that is cringeworthy when people keep using that phrase 😁

Surely there can only be one Alpha and we all know that's Hunter RenfrowπŸ˜‰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, that is cringeworthy when people keep using that phrase 😁

Surely there can only be one Alpha and we all know that's Hunter RenfrowπŸ˜‰

Yeah I’m over that until I see it on the field

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Glad we got him.Β 

Too bad we're too stupid to take him at 17 instead of Leatherwood, forcing us to trade up to get him, but glad we got him.

My take on leatherwoodΒ is no one will care whenΒ he went if cables right Lolol

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Glad we got him.Β 

Too bad we're too stupid to take him at 17 instead of Leatherwood, forcing us to trade up to get him, but glad we got him.

Ah so you wanted Moehrig at #17, only 26 spots wrong (I had him in the 1st as well).Β