2021 2nd Round Pick - 2.44 Kelvin Joseph CB, Kentucky

D82

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

This is the worst draft in the Dallas's history. Even worse than the special teams draft.

Eh...I don't know that I'd go that far.

Parsons and Joseph at least have talent, and could end up being good players for us. I doubt it, but...there's at least a chance. There wasn't a single guy in that 2009 draft I thought would ever amount to more than a backup. 

Heres my take on Kelvin Joseph... he was a reach based on non football related personal issues.  The running joke is... how bad do you have to eff up to get kicked off of LSU?  Seriously?!  

But of all the CBs on the board at that time, he was the guy with CB1 potential.  Does he ever get there?  Who knows?  But if he  had his head on straight at LSU based on his physical ability and natural talent... he has top 10 upside.  So they made a second round pick (again) where they chose the ceiling not the floor.  I get it... law of averages tells us that one of these times it will work in our favor.  That being said I would gone with Asante Samuel 2.  

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Parsons and Joseph at least have talent, and could end up being good players for us. I doubt it, but...there's at least a chance. There wasn't a single guy in that 2009 draft I thought would ever amount to more than a backup. 

Yeah, it was hyperbole on my part. I love that we got Parsons, but this draft has left me with a lot of questions. 

13 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah I calmed down after and decided to go and watch tape on him. I can see why they were high on him.

Very scheme specific kind of player. I see what Quinn is trying to do here with the Oregon state corner & SC corner. We should see to sign Sherman to mentor all these younger guys.

We got faster on defence after the draft. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

22 hours ago, D82 said:

Both could be really good players or busts as they both have character issues. Joseph is really smooth and does a good job of locating the ball in the air. Parson is super fast who is still learning the position but he was making plays all over the field for penn state. After the Gregory pick which I was really happy about but has not worked out I’m not as optimistic that both of these kids will pan out. Gregory at least looks to finally have turned his life around and at least he doesn’t have to worry about smoking weed anymore.

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah I calmed down after and decided to go and watch tape on him. I can see why they were high on him.

Very scheme specific kind of player. I see what Quinn is trying to do here with the Oregon state corner & SC corner. We should see to sign Sherman to mentor all these younger guys.

We got faster on defence after the draft. 

I don't think they sign Sherman. Think they roll with the young guys and let them grow together. 

I mean you have Diggs, Joseph, Brown, Lewis as likely locks to make the roster...if they see Mukuamu as a safety, than Wright likely makes the roster as the 5th corner. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I don't think they sign Sherman. Think they roll with the young guys and let them grow together. 

I mean you have Diggs, Joseph, Brown, Lewis as likely locks to make the roster...if they see Mukuamu as a safety, than Wright likely makes the roster as the 5th corner. 

They cannot cut Wright. Brown and Lewis going to have to be mentors of the CB room. 

27 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They cannot cut Wright. Brown and Lewis going to have to be mentors of the CB room. 

Yeah, I don’t see Wright making it onto the practice squad if we did let him go, not to mention we spent a 3rd on him so.