2021 2nd Round Pick - 2.44 Kelvin Joseph CB, Kentucky

D82

Corners aren’t any good. Safeties aren’t any good. Just gonna depend on getting pressure with the front 4 and freeing up the LBs to make plays. Just play a Tampa 2 while scheming around a dangerous TE or possession receiver. What the hell does Quinn run anyhow?

I like the tape, hopefully the immaturity part is over sense LSU dropped him.    The skill and the drive to make plays on the field is there.   Now if he accepts he's not big dog on campus and listens to his teammates and coaches he can be a star...

9 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Both could be really good players or busts as they both have character issues. Joseph is really smooth and does a good job of locating the ball in the air. Parson is super fast who is still learning the position but he was making plays all over the field for penn state. After the Gregory pick which I was really happy about but has not worked out I’m not as optimistic that both of these kids will pan out. Gregory at least looks to finally have turned his life around and at least he doesn’t have to worry about smoking weed anymore.

Gregory never really had a problem, the league demonized him for a problem with a specific substance based on their personal discretion.

They got a hell of a playmaker in Joseph, I think maybe a little overrated but in terms of coverage he is very smooth and really reacts to the ball well.  But if the starters are he and Diggs the tackling is an issue along with the toughness of each player.  Both want to make plays on the ball and get INTs which is great but neither one is super physical or tough.  Either way getting big time playmakers in Joseph and Parsons should greatly improve that defense and if anything make it a lot more impactful in terms of getting the football back and making big plays.  Clearly like the length at CB because got two others in Wright and Israel that have 6-4 length as well, so will be interesting how they do but clearly are going more towards that Seattle style defense with tall corners and LBs who can run with Quinn as the DC which was a great move getting him.