With the 52nd pick, the Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

zelbell

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

They need to play him primarily as an Apex defender, preferably a WLB/overhang.

I like this.....I Hope Joe Woods starts us out in a 4-2-5 with Delpit as the Slot Safety and JOK at the Flex LB/Rover/Wild Dog/Dingo spot and Ant Walker Jr as the MLB....being able to blitz either of those 2 or Harrison.....gives a lot of mismatch looks.....and if they want to line up Big and run....I like Billings/Jackson/Myles/Clowney and Walker as the Primary run defenders...your not pushing those guys around....and if there is any leekage, you have Delpit, Jok, Harrison and Johnson III all flying up to fill gaps....thats a lot of Forced Fumbles...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I like this.....I Hope Joe Woods starts us out in a 4-2-5 with Delpit as the Slot Safety and JOK at the Flex LB/Rover/Wild Dog/Dingo spot and Ant Walker Jr as the MLB....being able to blitz either of those 2 or Harrison.....gives a lot of mismatch looks.....and if they want to line up Big and run....I like Billings/Jackson/Myles/Clowney and Walker as the Primary run defenders...your not pushing those guys around....and if there is any leekage, you have Delpit, Jok, Harrison and Johnson III all flying up to fill gaps....thats a lot of Forced Fumbles...

I think that they want to run a base 4-2-5, and in a perfect world, on early downs both Harrison and JOK are on the field, with likely someone else coming off of the field on 3rd down or against 4 WR, with Hill coming onto the field. 

My "perfect" scenario is that Harrison and JOK are both on the field in Nickel and big nickel situations, with Greedy on in Dime situations, with one of the big rectangles that we have at LB coming OFF of the field 75% of the time. :) 

I'd stick with JOK as a true WLB and have him cover TE on motion across the formations (to him on the weak side), or play him FIELD side and utilize his athleticism away from the boundary on passing situations.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...