With the 52nd pick, the Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

zelbell

28 minutes ago, bruceb said:

JOK will be what many expected Peppers to be, only better!

JOK is nothing like what people thought peppers was. He’s much much better in coverage than peppers ever was. Peppers was known to be terrible in coverage coming out of college. 

JOK is pretty much Myles jack 2.0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

JOK is nothing like what people thought peppers was. He’s much much better in coverage than peppers ever was. Peppers was known to be terrible in coverage coming out of college. 

So you like?

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

yeah peppers got moved every year on defense in college cause he couldnt play those positions. JOK os the opposite. I like your comp for him

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

yeah peppers got moved every year on defense in college cause he couldnt play those positions. JOK os the opposite. I like your comp for him

Eh, he got moved because Michigan is incompetent and doesn’t know how to develop talent.

Unfortunately he then came here where Greggggg played him at EXTRA free safety one year and then his actual position year 2.

Peppers wasn’t bad, he was poorly managed.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, he got moved because Michigan is incompetent and doesn’t know how to develop talent.

It's beyond embarrassing at this point. DPJ was the consensus #1 WR in the class in the nation coming out of HS, and he was a 7th rounder here because their offensive guru couldn't figure out how to run a modern offense and/or figure out the QB position at all whatsoever.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unfortunately he then came here where Greggggg played him at EXTRA free safety one year and then his actual position year 2.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's beyond embarrassing at this point. DPJ was the consensus #1 WR in the class in the nation coming out of HS, and he was a 7th rounder here because their offensive guru couldn't figure out how to run a modern offense and/or figure out the QB position at all whatsoever.

You guys are crazy. Harbaugh is the truth, just wait until he gets his players in his system. It just takes a few years

- Signed UM fans 4 years ago

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

peppers was a 5* corner. they played him at corner abd he wasnt very good. Next year they try as a FS and he wasnt good and the next year they moved him to box SS/LB and again he wasnt all that good IMO. its why i was so against drafting him. for an athlete he wasnt neary as good as he  should be, where JOK is the opposite of that

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

peppers was a 5* corner. they played him at corner abd he wasnt very good. Next year they try as a FS and he wasnt good and the next year they moved him to box SS/LB and again he wasnt all that good IMO. its why i was so against drafting him. for an athlete he wasnt neary as good as he  should be, where JOK is the opposite of that

Yeah, it’s too bad he didn’t learn how to play any of the 3 positions they tried him at in an entire year, because it definitely doesn’t take a year or longer to learn a new position or acclimate to the Big 10 after high school...

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In Greggggg's defense I believe every safety we had on that roster was a box safety (outside Kai Nacua lmao) and he put him 15 yards away because he didn't have faith in him breaking correctly in deep coverage without an extra 5 yards of cushion.

Which was understandable since Jabrill took terrible angles his whole rookie year.

The FO was so focused on accumulating young talent and draft capital we failed to construct a congruent roster until Dorsey used all that capital in 2018.  Hue and Gregggg were bad and got their chance next season, but the 2017 Browns would have been a nightmare from a coaching perspective.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

In Greggggg's defense I believe every safety we had on that roster was a box safety (outside Kai Nacua lmao) and he put him 15 yards away because he didn't have faith in him breaking correctly in deep coverage without an extra 5 yards of cushion.

Which was understandable since Jabrill took terrible angles his whole rookie year.

The FO was so focused on accumulating young talent and draft capital we failed to construct a congruent roster until Dorsey used all that capital in 2018.  Hue and Gregggg were bad and got their chance next season, but the 2017 Browns would have been a nightmare from a coaching perspective.

So you play a first rounder out of position because you don’t have a great FS?  They could have played BBC or Kindred there.  Why play your biggest asset out of postion?

Jabril had no business playing there, I’m not sure why we’re even defending it?

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, it’s too bad he didn’t learn how to play any of the 3 positions they tried him at in an entire year, because it definitely doesn’t take a year or longer to learn a new position or acclimate to the Big 10 after high school...

from what i remember watching him, he just wasnt very good. he wasnt good until he was made into that box safety. same story when he was with the Browns. they tried makkng him that FS and he wasnt good. they moved him to the box he started to actually contribute. Also around thst time Michigan had some good corners. 

Believe me I love taking shots at harbs and his coaching staff and at the Michigan program, but I’m putting that on peppers.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So you play a first rounder out of position because you don’t have a great FS?  They could have played BBC or Kindred there.  Why play your biggest asset out of postion?

well with how physically gifted Peppers was, it was better to try him at FS and hope he make an impact at that position. Also to see If it was the coaching staff at Michigan that held him back at that position. to me JOK could you everything the peppers could do as a box safety/weak side linebacker But unlike peppers, JOK can cover guys in the slot and cover TEs

Edited by buno67

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'd assume it's because Jabrill had more athleticism to cover ground than Kindred and Kindred was more proven at SS at that time.  If we played BBC there we would have played an absolute scrub (unless someone other than McCourty and Jamar Taylor was on the roster?) as our 3rd corner, who has to be on the field a lot. 

I don't think him playing angel was some terrible detriment to his development at SS.  The instincts against the run were already there and showed as soon as he moved up.

Im defending it because our defense was terrible and he was trying to maximize what we had.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

well with how physically gifted Peppers was, it was better to try him at FS and hope he make an impact at that position. Also to see If it was the coaching staff at Michigan that held him back at that position. to me JOK could you everything the peppers could do as a box safety/weak side linebacker But unlike peppers, JOK can cover guys in the slot and cover TEs

Of you’re drafting him in the first round you better have a plan other than “let’s try him at a position he looked awful at 2 years ago”.

I feel like this whole board saw what peppers was when he was drafted, Greggg just wanted to thumb his nose at the FO.