With the 52nd pick, the Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

zelbell

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I mean you, did just describe probably the two best linebackers of the past 25 years, ray could be argued as one of if not the greatest LB of all time, I by no means am saying Phillips is the answer but comparing him to those two isnt really fair

Oh, I'm not comparing them, just answering you about the context of when those 2 were selected...which was in the middle of a building/rebuilding time period with lots of coaching turnaround, which was somewhat the argument against drafting linebackers here.

In one of my earlier Mock Drafts, I had us taking him at 26 and then trading back up to 32...but picking JOK for the specific reason of stopping certain offenses....now Woods can fully deploy the Big Nickle (4-2-5) with our potential Dline Rotation staying healthy as a Horse and fresh as Momma's baked Biscuits on Sunday Morning.....I think we got something here...

With the unique offense that Baltimore and KC both run, we now have the perfect defense to stop them. With Walker and JOK, JJ3 calling the shots from FS, Harrison at SS and Delpit (Please GOD let him be healthy) as the slot safety...that read option stuff and Jackson running for Balitmore and that horizontal passing and Screen game of KC's.....

And when teams try to run Hurry up, we can run 1 player on the field and make it go from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 or is that still a 4-2-5 in disguise??

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

In one of my earlier Mock Drafts, I had us taking him at 26 and then trading back up to 32...but picking JOK for the specific reason of stopping certain offenses....now Woods can fully deploy the Big Nickle (4-2-5) with our potential Dline Rotation staying healthy as a Horse and fresh as Momma's baked Biscuits on Sunday Morning.....I think we got something here...

With the unique offense that Baltimore and KC both run, we now have the perfect defense to stop them. With Walker and JOK, JJ3 calling the shots from FS, Harrison at SS and Delpit (Please GOD let him be healthy) as the slot safety...that read option stuff and Jackson running for Balitmore and that horizontal passing and Screen game of KC's.....

And when teams try to run Hurry up, we can run 1 player on the field and make it go from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 or is that still a 4-2-5 in disguise??

giphy.gif

the beautiful part is a team can not catch the browns in a compromising personnel grouping. As long as the DL doesnt have any issues, the browns could run so many different looks out of the some grouping. they can run 3 LB looks, 2 LBs, and 1 LB looks without having a single guy leaving the field. Wouldnt seeing looks where Taki is the Mike, Harrison is the Sam, and JOK is the Will and they draw up some 4-3 looks. hell with the way JJ can tackle and take on blocks, they could run 4-4 looks and that could really screw with the Ravens especially if Newsome & Ward are killing it on their own. I want to see this defense confusing offenses.

hell like one ideology offenses like to use. run the same play over and over again but do it out of different sets and formations so defense have to think. Woods defense could be similar over and over again but being able to run it im weird disguises because of the versatile talent, is going to be huge

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

giphy.gif

TL;DR

We as a forum need to embrace that there's a direct correlation between Berry and Dawg_LB's shower thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Mike's doing gifs now? He is learning, evolving....

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Mike's doing gifs now? He is learning, evolving....

What do you think line up jok next to Garrett so you can only block him

with 1 person the whole time?

On 5/6/2021 at 6:55 AM, ReggieCamp said:

When's the last time we had a true impact LB on the Browns?

Wimbley was an awesome athlete but only a decent player.  D'Qwell Jackson was pretty good.  That's about all I can think of.

Chip Banks and Clay Matthews were impact players, but that was 40 years ago.

Jamir Miller (Pre-Achilles)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...