2nd Round Pick: Dillon Radunz-RT

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, it all comes back to the fact that we entered the draft with a roster littered with holes. Can’t complain about value and both picks hit on needs. We just have more holes than picks to fill them.

the bills and colts are building monster defensive lines and stacking strengths, and meanwhile we're barely plugging all the needs we created for ourselves. really does not seem like we're doing a great job of doing this whole "maintaining a contender" thing.

Just now, -Hope- said:

the bills and colts are building monster defensive lines and stacking strengths, and meanwhile we're barely plugging all the needs we created for ourselves. really does not seem like we're doing a great job of doing this whole "maintaining a contender" thing.

It’s the story of the off-season. This draft has been pretty good honestly. High ceiling value picks at positions of need. Pretty much all you can ask for.

It’s just tough to get overly excited when Reynolds and Batson are our 2/3 and we have no depth anywhere on the roster.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's a fine pick in a vacuum. could end up being a really good player and at a clear position of need. the problem is just that we created a bunch of stupid needs for ourselves with the way we handled free agency so we're still paper thin at WR, TE, and in the front 7.

Yeah, that’s my concern. We desperately need No 3s in both the interior DL and the Edge.

I’m telling myself we’ll re-sign MyCole Pruitt and Jurrell Casey and that will fix things.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep

Nailed it. By itself, the Radunz pick is good. But damn is the way they went about it was nuts.

4 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

All things considered, this is a much weaker reaction than I anticipated. As soon as I've heard the pick, I thought by now there'd be 'fire J Rob' chants.

It’s not a first-round tackle, so it’s not quite as panic-inducing. It also fits with what I’ve accepted, that we simply have no intention of adding anything new to the offense and want to ride Henry into the ground until this window is closed. Which isn’t the worst thing, just limits our ceiling.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s not a first-round tackle, so it’s not quite as panic-inducing. It also fits with what I’ve accepted, that we simply have no intention of adding anything new to the offense and want to ride Henry into the ground until this window is closed. Which isn’t the worst thing, just limits our ceiling.

I'm not sure what might have gave the impression they were willing to abandon a big part of their core philosophy, and I honestly don't see why that might be desired in the first place.

I also disagree about how narrow you seem to believe the window is. We have talent on the roster, at some important positions, and some young ones at that. We have a QB that still has something to offer, and a FO in which at least I, personally, believe in to continue to find good value to supplement that.

If you really believe these two prospects are high-value picks, that's all there should be. It's also something that a team looking to maximize its momentum would do, rather than fill out the 3rd/4th DL spots early, so I'm not sure why you feel so discouraged.

18 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I also disagree about how narrow you seem to believe the window is. We have talent on the roster, at some important positions, and some young ones at that. We have a QB that still has something to offer, and a FO in which at least I, personally, believe in to continue to find good value to supplement that.

We’ve built our offense around a running back. The window will always be short when you build around a RB instead of your QB because he’s going to wear down a whole lot faster.

10 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

But you can't be dramatic on Twitter by waiting and seeing... 🙄

Yeah lol it’s the typical fan overreaction. If he turns out to be a cornerstone on the oline everyone will look back and drool over Robinson correcting the wrong of Wilson.

If he flops then yes we roast him over an all-time bust, cutting a rock solid replacement, and replacing the rock solid replace with a bust. But until then you can’t flame the move until we see how he performs 

Edited by dtait93

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We’ve built our offense around a running back. The window will always be short when you build around a RB instead of your QB because he’s going to wear down a whole lot faster.

We've built it around the running game, I agree. Henry would wear down eventually, but a RB is easier to replace than a QB. A good OL would definitely help in making it easier to do so.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I personally love how Robinson continuously invests in keeping the oline strong. It’s probably the most important position group

Yea, I honestly love an o line pick. People scoff at it because it isn’t sexy but I honestly love it. My belief it is no doubt the most important position group. It is the heart of a team and allows you to control so many aspects of the game. My hope is that Josh Reynolds can perform better when given a bigger role in our offense and then we find a steal slot guy in the 4th, which I personally think is real plausible. I love what we are doing right now. 

I feel like I'm @KingTitanJr. here with how optimistic I've been about these picks lol. I'll preface this by saying, I definitely wanted a pass rusher or WR at this pick, but I don't mind this pick. Of course it's a result of the Isaiah fiasco which sucks, but this kid absolutely fits our philosophy. Our FO views the OLine as a skill position, and that's not necessarily a bad approach. I'd much rather us be ahead of the curve and drafting talented OLinemen earlier than probably necessary than waiting for all the pieces of it to implode and frantically searching for those replacements down the road. Not to mention the fact that Radunz has played every spot on the OLine, so we probably have a guy that can move over to guard in a pinch if Saffold or Davis goes down. 

I personally appreciate JRob's commitment to being aggressive and forward thinking in trying to keep a strong offensive line unit in tact for the long term. Everybody knows they're not the flashiest picks, but they're necessary for any offense to operate successfully and thrive like ours has done over the last few years.

• Like 1