Round 2: Pick 62; Josh Myers, C Ohio State

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

If you dont want to give out large 2nd contracts, then don't draft or pursue good/great players.   Those 2 are closely linked.

Totally missed my point again, chasing strawmen.

Hint: If they aren't moving, they are probably scarecrows.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • 3 weeks later...

Rodgers dropping some credit on Myers earlier today as the player who's impressed him most in camp.  He says hes been extremely impressed with him coming in with so much poise as a rookie.  

Great sign early on.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it is Aaron Rodgers so.......................... When he did his 30 minute tirade... interview he mentioned several players he thought were treated poorly on their way out the door. One player suspicious to me by their absence was Corey Linsley. Since I do not believe anything Rodgers says is by chance I find it interesting he left out Linsley. 

Now, his first interview after that he's asked about a young player who has stood out and he immediately goes to Linsley's replacement. Now, I'm hopeful that Myers is a stud and we don't miss a beat but I don't believe this was not calculated by Rodgers. 

Or possibly it's just over analysis on my part. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it is Aaron Rodgers so.......................... When he did his 30 minute tirade... interview he mentioned several players he thought were treated poorly on their way out the door. One player suspicious to me by their absence was Corey Linsley. Since I do not believe anything Rodgers says is by chance I find it interesting he left out Linsley. 

Now, his first interview after that he's asked about a young player who has stood out and he immediately goes to Linsley's replacement. Now, I'm hopeful that Myers is a stud and we don't miss a beat but I don't believe this was not calculated by Rodgers. 

That's actually interesting to ponder for a second. AR is a pretty calculated dude but idk what his end game with missing Corey and complimenting the rookie would even be? Like what is the goal, if it is calculated.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's actually interesting to ponder for a second. AR is a pretty calculated dude but idk what his end game with missing Corey and complimenting the rookie would even be? Like what is the goal, if it is calculated.

I was thinking maybe he and Linsley didn't get along that well. The rest of those guys were Rodgers buddies. Plus Linsley was just this off season, so how does he forget him? 

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into it but as you mentioned he is in fact, a calculated dude. 

• Like 1
Just now, Old Guy said:

I was thinking maybe he and Linsley didn't get along that well. The rest of those guys were Rodgers buddies. Plus Linsley was just this off season, so how does he forget him? 

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into it but as you mentioned he is in fact, a calculated dude. 

I figured the buddy part had to be at least some part of it when he said Brett Goode but that also could have just been purely the treatment since he had been hurt some and they just moved on completely, but it's a LS. Felt like a weird inclusion. Feel like Linsley was a pretty good center there so it would be a touch weird he wouldn't get along but who knows. Odd stuff regardless. 

6 minutes ago, R T said:

I thought he did mention Linsley in his presser, but am not going to go back and listen to it again to find out. Linsley was a annual invitee to Rodgers select few group to the Derby, really doubt they had any issues. 

Edit:

Aaron Rodgers, Kliff Kingsbury, Corey Linsley, Davante Adams - Aaron Rodgers and Corey Linsley Photos - Zimbio

Then I apologize for being a mini Adam Schefter lol. I did wonder why he didn't mention Linsley, maybe we actually did offer him some money and it just wasn't reported/admitted or he just thought he got a good *** contract walking out so it wasn't like overall he got screwed?

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

IMO the issues are more with Russ Ball and Murphy; almost all of those guys were from before Gute took over. 

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

IMO the issues are more with Russ Ball and Murphy; almost all of those guys were from before Gute took over. 

Little off topic but wasn't there a rumor once that he wanted little Wolf to be the GM? Anyone know if I'm making this up?

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Greg Jennings 

Morgan Burnett

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Veterans that left.  Don't recall mention of them.  Probably not " people"

Well we all heard what Jennings said after..I never got mad about it. Everyone thinks he was total *** after that, I don't . Felt like he still has legs. But he was trying to fit in after going where he went, I get it. Then everything he did got put under the microscope and he said **** it and tried to be the bad guy that would be honest a bit.

Maybe blames Burnett for going down. Who god damn knows . Burnett isn't anyone any of us should be mad at. Good solid pro. Very Amos like. Both easily gotten but good players I feel.

Still can't get over Brett ******* Goode

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

AJ Hawk was a big one for me. 

He claimed he left on good terms though.