Round 2: Pick 62; Josh Myers, C Ohio State

8 minutes ago, tredpack said:

AJ Hawk was a big one for me. 

He claimed he left on good terms though. 

Well he was the highest paid player in the history of the NFL so why would be be mad. 

Lol you probably won't get this but someone will..I don't even remember who that guy that said that **** was anymore

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

Question, was that a known thing while he was here? I feel like we never got a whiff of that until after he was gone. 

I think and not 100% sure but think Jennings said something to the effect Rodgers didn't want him back so he didn't get an offer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Pretty well known Rodgers and Jennings weren't buddies. 

Going into my memory here, but wasn't there a story about Rodgers chatting up the other team about trading for Jennings?  Or signing him?  Maybe it was the Vikes?

Either way, Jennings rejected a pretty large contract offer from the Packers.  Signed somewhere else and was largely forgotten immediately afterwards.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Going into my memory here, but wasn't there a story about Rodgers chatting up the other team about trading for Jennings?  Or signing him?  Maybe it was the Vikes?

Either way, Jennings rejected a pretty large contract offer from the Packers.  Signed somewhere else and was largely forgotten immediately afterwards.

I forgot about the contract offer he turned down. He signed with the Vikings for less than we originally offered. LOL

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I forgot about the contract offer he turned down. He signed with the Vikings for less than we originally offered. LOL

I thought he went to the Dolphins first, failed miserably, then went to the Vikes.  I'll look it up.  While I, uh, "Ponder" it.  

Yah, you were right, he Pondered his future in Minnesota, then went to the 'Fins for a year.

Dude would have owned many GB WR records had he stayed.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I thought he went to the Dolphins first, failed miserably, then went to the Vikes.  I'll look it up.  While I, uh, "Ponder" it.  

Yah, you were right, he Pondered his future in Minnesota, then went to the 'Fins for a year.

Dude would have owned many GB WR records had he stayed.

That's funny I do not remember any of his time in Miami. 

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've heard Jennings tell the story a few times ... They were playing against the 49'ers and Carlos Rodgers was asking Jennings why he hadn't been signed yet or something along those lines.  Aaron Rodgers apparently heard it and quipped to Carlos that the 49'ers should try to get Jennings in the offseason.  Probably just a joke, but Jennings was pissed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

That's funny I do not remember any of his time in Miami. 

because he did next to nothing. I hate to poopoo on him but he was great for the first six years of his career and then fell off a cliff when he screwed up his groin in 2012. 

On 7/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

Myers turning into a great RG because Hanson is at least a decent C is about the only way I'm going to be completely sold on this pick after wanting Humphrey as badly as I did at the time. Creed was never going to be a dominant guard at his size but Myers has a real chance to be. An elite interior in MLF's offense guarantees good results.

We're going to have a logjam at Guard regardless. Myers moving to RG would exacerbate the issue TBH. We're so deep along the OL at this point that another selection at IOL would be the biggest head scratcher ever. If we were that enamored with Myers in the first place, then why draft Hanson the year before and why draft Hanson when you have Dezmon Patmon and KJ Hill(a slot WR) on the board?

As for Creed, I actually would've gone Myers over Creed simply due to the size issue and the fact that Creed was a bit overrated. I highly doubt he would've been rated as high of a prospect had he not played for Oklahoma TBH. 

Edited by Joe

17 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Rodgers dropping some credit on Myers earlier today as the player who's impressed him most in camp.  He says hes been extremely impressed with him coming in with so much poise as a rookie.  

Great sign early on.

I think Rodgers heavily values/respects professionalism, process, and smarts.   The scouting reports on Myers always talked about how smart, committed, well-coached, and detail-oriented he is; hesitations were whether he had the bend and flexibility/quickness that's ideal.  But never about his professionalism or approach.  His seems to be EXACTLY the professionalism-profile that Rodgers wants and respects in other players.  Does it the right way.  

I think this is what Rodgers respected in Kumerow, too:  professionalism, did things the right way, got the most out of what talent he did (or didn't) have.  Totally different from J'Mon Moore.  Or from maybe Jace, who may have the intention but may not have the aptitude to learn and understand and remember the details.  

My hope is that Amari Rodgers might have some of those smart/mature/professionalism qualities, too, and that Rodgers will respect him quickly?