Round 2: Pick 62; Josh Myers, C Ohio State

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

See if he can prove me wrong *shrug*, still would've taken him over Creed Humphrey and Quinn Meinerz over both of them.

The crow that I'm still eating for many players I didn't like coming out tastes delicious.  Doesn't even need Red Hot anymore.  Though  little ranch helps everything.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The crow that I'm still eating for many players I didn't like coming out tastes delicious.  Doesn't even need Red Hot anymore.  Though  little ranch helps everything.

Right there with you. 

Didn't like the Alexander pick because of our history striking out on short CBs.

Saw the athleticism with Gary and no production. Thought he had bust written all over him.

I will gladly fess up to being wrong on both of those guys. There are others as well.  

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

The hill I died on was named Kenny Clark.  RIP vegas492.

Another good hill to die on. I do like that you aren't the kind of guy to continue to insist he's not that good and we should have gone another direction. 

I too, prefer to own my mistakes and move on. Heck, I actually love the two I was wrong about because they are looking like complete studs at very important positions. 

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Another good hill to die on. I do like that you aren't the kind of guy to continue to insist he's not that good and we should have gone another direction. 

I too, prefer to own my mistakes and move on. Heck, I actually love the two I was wrong about because they are looking like complete studs at very important positions. 

Kenny is frustrating to me.  I knew when we drafted him that he was so young that we would wait years for him to get it together and become a good all around DL.  And?  Took him a lot less than that.

He earned his contract, no doubt.  He is a stud inside, and he's still young.  

But what gets me about him is that he should be wrecking more games.  I remember a Seattle game a few years ago that he destroyed all on his own.  I want to see him go from being very good to excellent, which he can do.

Hated the Randall/Rollins picks.  Was not a fan of Gary coming out, and I thought they drafted a safety (Savage) way too high.  Gary and Savage are looking like they could be elite players.  Their crow is tasting delicious.

I had not watched anything concerning Alexander.  I thought he was too short to be on our radar at corner.  Ha!

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Kenny is frustrating to me.  I knew when we drafted him that he was so young that we would wait years for him to get it together and become a good all around DL.  And?  Took him a lot less than that.

He earned his contract, no doubt.  He is a stud inside, and he's still young.  

But what gets me about him is that he should be wrecking more games.  I remember a Seattle game a few years ago that he destroyed all on his own.  I want to see him go from being very good to excellent, which he can do.

I think we all love Kenny and realize he's a great player. But he really hasn't had much help. Hopefully Keke and Slaton can help him out this year and pump those numbers up even more.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 7:03 PM, Old Guy said:

Right there with you. 

Didn't like the Alexander pick because of our history striking out on short CBs.

Saw the athleticism with Gary and no production. Thought he had bust written all over him.

I will gladly fess up to being wrong on both of those guys. There are others as well.  

I liked Alexanders cockiness https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/18055568 and liked the move down, then back up to get him - it became obvious he was 'the guy' for the Packers in round 1.

I was ambivalent about Gary, great physicals, mediocre production - that combo often doesn't work out.

One of my bigger draft mistakes was Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. I liked him early on in the draft process (in 2016) when he was projected as a 6th round pick and no-one was on him. Then he had some big games (Memphis beat 18th ranked Houston 48-44) and became a 1st round prospect (went to the Broncos at #26). He lasted just two years with them. I always thought he carried risk, but I expected him to make it.

The two guys I liked most in recent years were firstly UCLA CB Fabian Moreau (rd 3, 2017), who I expected to go in round two. He was a 6'0", 204lb, mid 4.3 40 guy. Never amounted to much, but still in the league. Secondly was DT Jeffery Simmons (2019, round 1, #19 to the Titans, slipped a few spots as he was recovering from an ACL). He turned out a good one, but would I take him over Rashan Gary (#12) with the benefit of hindsight ? Probably not, though it's close.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I liked Alexanders cockiness https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/18055568 and liked the move down, then back up to get him - it became obvious he was 'the guy' for the Packers in round 1.

I was ambivalent about Gary, great physicals, mediocre production - that combo often doesn't work out.

One of my bigger draft mistakes was Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. I liked him early on in the draft process (in 2016) when he was projected as a 6th round pick and no-one was on him. Then he had some big games (Memphis beat 18th ranked Houston 48-44) and became a 1st round prospect (went to the Broncos at #26). He lasted just two years with them. I always thought he carried risk, but I expected him to make it.

The two guys I liked most in recent years were firstly CB Fabian Moreau (rd 3, 2017), who I expected to go in round two. He was a 6'0", 204lb, mid 4.3 40 guy. Never amounted to much, but still in the league. Secondly was DT Jeffery Simmons (2019, round 1, #19 to the Titans, slipped a few spots as he was recovering from an ACL). He turned out a good one, but would I take him over Rashan Gary (#12) with the benefit of hindsight ? Probably not, though it's close.

I wanted Green Bay to trade down some spots and grab him. I never thought he'd go 19 based on the ACL, but good for the Titans for taking a chance. They may have done it again with Caleb Farley this year too. Probably the best CB in the draft this year if it weren't for his back issues. See how this turns out but in camp they are really excited about the kid.

9 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Secondly was DT Jeffery Simmons (2019, round 1, #19 to the Titans, slipped a few spots as he was recovering from an ACL). He turned out a good one, but would I take him over Rashan Gary (#12) with the benefit of hindsight ? Probably not, though it's close.

Simmons.  I honestly can't remember him from last year during our Titan game.  Did he flash anything?  Like I know he's viewed as a "plus" young player, but I thought we stoned him pretty good.  

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Simmons.  I honestly can't remember him from last year during our Titan game.  Did he flash anything?  Like I know he's viewed as a "plus" young player, but I thought we stoned him pretty good.  

I was watching for him early and we were handling him, I even saw some frustration come out as we started to grind them into dust.  Our line can do that and the game they and AJD had was incredible.  I stopped watching him specifically after the yards, and squats started pouring it.

With that being said, he had a very good second season outside of that game and should be a player for years to come.  

• Like 1

Any thought of Simmons starts and stops for me with him punching a woman on the ground. He will always be a scumbag to me no matter how good he plays. 

Jeffery Simmons seen punching a woman on the ground during fight | Daily Mail Online

44 minutes ago, R T said:

Any thought of Simmons starts and stops for me with him punching a woman on the ground. He will always be a scumbag to me no matter how good he plays. 

Jeffery Simmons seen punching a woman on the ground during fight | Daily Mail Online

I believe Simmons was coming to the aid of his sister in that incident and it isn't clear if he is more slapping than hitting the woman (the video has a poor angle). He definitely isn't putting that much force in the slaps/blows.

Don't get the idea I'm condoning this, just adding a little context. As for the details of the incident (who started it and why), that's unclear.

• Like 2

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

I believe Simmons was coming to the aid of his sister in that incident and it isn't clear if he is more slapping than hitting the woman (the video has a poor angle). He definitely isn't putting that much force in the slaps/blows.

Don't get the idea I'm condoning this, just adding a little context. As for the details of the incident (who started it and why), that's unclear.

Yes, I recall the context made this a complete non-issue and he's a very high character guy