With the 64th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Bucs select QB Kyle Trask || QB || Florida

For Trask's sake, he couldn't have asked for a better situation. He's got two years to get the system down and soak in as much information and watch how Brady carries himself before he possibly gets the reigns. For the team's sake, if there was ever a QB willing to put his head down and commit to doing that, it's Trask. He's done it his entire career. 

Semi-related, but a move like this just reinforces my belief that Arians' successor is Leftwich. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dalan162 said:

For those of you who have seen him played, why does he not get more praised considering his last season at Florida. Many people on the main board seem to have a fairly weak opinion of him. 

He's basically a pocket passer only. He's very limited with the legs, which hurts him. His footwork inside the pocket isn't the cleanest either. Another knock is that he doesn't have a cannon arm. It definitely hangs up there on his downfield throws.

Plus, the fact that he was surrounded by immense talent on offense.

I'm good with it though. Even if he only evolves into a backup, it's still a need and a valuable thing.

I said this earlier, but he's very similar to Mac Jones, who went in the mid 1st.

I’ve not see much of Trask, but he generally looks quite accurate. Watched 3 games with of his 2020 film and his ball placement on deep throws is good.

He’s also willing to stand and deliver in the pocket with the rush in his face. I’ve not seen many bad decisions throwing either. Typically puts the ball where only the receiver can get it on those throws.

No idea whether he’s got the arm strength, but it didn’t jump out as being a huge problem from what I saw. 

The coaching staff seem to love him and think he’s a scheme fit. He’s got plenty of time to brush up on what he needs to work on before he ever need to start.

• Like 1