With the 64th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Bucs select QB Kyle Trask || QB || Florida

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

For those of you who have seen him played, why does he not get more praised considering his last season at Florida. Many people on the main board seem to have a fairly weak opinion of him. 

I think a big factor is alot of people watched the bowl game against oklahoma, where he did play terrible, but in his defense more than half of our offensive starters didnt play.

He was lights out just about ever other game tho.

I have to trust this staff and personnel dept to identify a prospect that should be a starting QB.  I m more hopeful about the future now then just re signing Gabbert.

Arguably Dan Mullen has helped develop Qbs in college as good as anyone.  He coached 3 Qbs who have won NFL playoff games- Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and Dak Prescott.  Certainly, it doesn't mean Trask is a given to succeed.

you can't watch Mac or Davis Mills and think WOOOOW Trask is so much worse

Quite the contrary 

I honestly don't get why Trask wasn't more hyped 

Just bc he can't run

Just bc running qbs are the "new thing" in the NFL doesn't mean you HAVE to have a running qb,  TB12 has been a statue all his career and look at that he's done just fine

I'm more partial to pocket passers anyway even tho running qbs are more electric 

I'm not saying Trask is going to be great but I think he will be at least decent 

And he's right on par with Mac Jones and way cheaper price. I'm happy this means Gabbert is out and we got some young blood in the qb room. Even if Trask is just average, we have so many weapons it'll help him play better and offset any deficiencies early on anyway.

30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Quite the contrary 

Just bc he can't run

Just bc running qbs are the "new thing" in the NFL doesn't mean you HAVE to have a running qb,  TB12 has been a statue all his career and look at that he's done just fine

I'm more partial to pocket passers anyway even tho running qbs are more electric 

I'm not saying Trask is going to be great but I think he will be at least decent 

And he's right on par with Mac Jones and way cheaper price. I'm happy this means Gabbert is out and we got some young blood in the qb room. Even if Trask is just average, we have so many weapons it'll help him play better and offset any deficiencies early on anyway.

Train Hype GIF

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Quite the contrary 

Just bc he can't run

tenor.gif?itemid=9467009

10 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

For Trask's sake, he couldn't have asked for a better situation. He's got two years to get the system down and soak in as much information and watch how Brady carries himself before he possibly gets the reigns. For the team's sake, if there was ever a QB willing to put his head down and commit to doing that, it's Trask. He's done it his entire career. 

Semi-related, but a move like this just reinforces my belief that Arians' successor is Leftwich. 

I think Lefty would have taken HC interviews if he got them last year. So yeah maybe that’s the plan but if he gets a gig he’s gone I’d think. But this logic does make sense. Trask fits into the BA offense. Why make the pick if you don’t know what offense we’ll likely have here long term? Hope for the Bucs success sake we can keep Bowles a while but he’ll get another HC gig soon.

Agree with what you said on Trask.

21 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Pfff 

imo he's better than Mac

Or at least on par just didn't get the hype that Mac did

Absolutely, Trask put the ball in thigh window a lot more than Mac. Devonta was wide open all year long, he got a RB who put Heisman number