Round 3, Pick 67: QB Davis Mills

Texansfan713

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This would lend to a belief that good things happen here.

They don't.

Footprints

by @ET80

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with @NudeTayne.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to @NudeTayne.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked @NudeTayne about it.
"@NudeTayne, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

@NudeTayne whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Stop capitalizing My name, @ET80; it's kinda weird, however appropriate.

Edited by NudeTayne
Hope, My child

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Footprints

by @ET80

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with @NudeTayne.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to @NudeTayne.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,

This really troubled me, so I asked @NudeTayne about it.
"@NudeTayne, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

@NudeTayne ."the sand people always ride single file to hide their numbers”

Stop capitalizing My name, @ET80; it's kinda weird, however appropriate.

I fixed it for you 

• Like 3

The more I think about it, this pick makes a lot of sense. Someone pointed this out earlier that a lot of insiders thought mills could be a top 10 pick next year if he returned to Stanford for another season. The Texans gambled a 3rd round pick on that. We are likely gonna have a top 10 pick next year and had things played out differently we could have used it on mills. 

either way, I hope he’s a day 1 starter. It’s pointless to not start him. We don’t need wins, we need losses and we need to know what we have in mills. Odds are that we have nothing but let’s give him a chance. Tyrod Taylor does nothing for us long term. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The more I think about it, this pick makes a lot of sense. Someone pointed this out earlier that a lot of insiders thought mills could be a top 10 pick next year if he returned to Stanford for another season. The Texans gambled a 3rd round pick on that. We are likely gonna have a top 10 pick next year and had things played out differently we could have used it on mills. 

either way, I hope he’s a day 1 starter. It’s pointless to not start him. We don’t need wins, we need losses and we need to know what we have in mills. Odds are that we have nothing but let’s give him a chance. Tyrod Taylor does nothing for us long term. 

He needs to sit a learn, at least until the bye week. You don't want to stunt his growth if he struggles and takes a pounding. 

Sure Caserio signed a buch of JAGs, but this team, more specifically the defense sucks. We were in games last year because Watson was having a career year. Even is Tyrod is decent, we're still picking top 5.                                                                                                                                                         

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 8:17 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

This guy has been such a mixed bag. Some media guys have said he is the worst QB they have ever seen in training camp and some people talk really highly of him. 

He’s a 3rd round rookie with little college experience. Some of these media types have unrealistic expectations. He’s shown me plenty that I think he gets a couple weeks audition towards the end of the year and if he shows promise then we don’t draft a QB in the first next year 

4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

He’s a 3rd round rookie with little college experience. Some of these media types have unrealistic expectations. He’s shown me plenty that I think he gets a couple weeks audition towards the end of the year and if he shows promise then we don’t draft a QB in the first next year 

I wish I shared your optimism. At this point, I have Mills as the worst QB in the division - he's missing very basic throws, throws that any QB should be able to make. He's not even close on a few, just throwing it like he's skipping stones off a lake.

Gardner Minshew looked significantly better as a rookie than Mills looks like right now, and that's a 6th round pick who was forced into a spot. 

If we assume teams carry three QBs - so, 96 QBs in the NFL - Mills in probably ranked in the 90s. At this point, I can't definitively say that Mills is better than Jeff Driskel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, amazingandre said:

I would start Mills week 1 and let him play all 17 games. Either he figures it out and we know he is the future or we pick another one next year. No point in wasting time with Taylor. 

i said this yesterday.  taylor does nothing for us.  

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

i said this yesterday.  taylor does nothing for us.  

Nothing for us, everything for Culley. No matter how many teams say they'll be patient with a new coach, if they don't see some sort of results or positive signs quickly, they're gone. I'm sure he also doesn't want to lose the locker room by playing the 3rd round rookie right away.