3. 66 - Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M

SemperFeist

High likelihood this was a wasted pick given how unlikely QBs succeed in the middle of the draft. But with four third round picks, why not. I don’t want to be tied to Cousins and having a developed option two years from now when they have to do something with Cousins isn’t a bad move.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

High likelihood this was a wasted pick given how unlikely QBs succeed in the middle of the draft. But with four third round picks, why not. I don’t want to be tied to Cousins and having a developed option two years from now when they have to do something with Cousins isn’t a bad move.

I kind of sensed there was going to be a run on QBs. 

I would hate this if we only had the 1 3rd but I don't think Rick makes the pick if that's the case. Considering I would have been happy getting Darrisaw at 14 and just waiting until our 3rd for the next pick, I really can't think of any reason whatsoever to be upset. 

It'll be fun having a QB to maybe look forward to and be hopeful about. 

Not bad Vikings fans!  You just picked up a potential future franchise quarterback - for free.  Thanks to Rick Spielman's wheeling and dealing yesterday, you were able to get a player who could end up being pretty good.  Chris Simms had Mond rated as his fourth best QB in the draft, and Simms has called quite a few of them right the last few years.  Definitely worth taking a shot, IMO.

For those skeptical of 3rd round QB's, just remember, Russell Wilson was drafted in the third round.  Good ones pop up in the 3rd round every once in a while.  Good luck with him!

Edited by Uncle Buck
See Chris Simms' info in post above this one.
  • Like 1