🏈 Pick #79 is in: DE, Malcolm Koonce, Buffalo

I suppose if they do ask him to play DE, they can have him bulk up like Crosby. Maxx had a pretty thin frame going into the NFL as well. Easily gained 20lbs of pure muscle before the season. Although Koonce’s frame is definitely thinner than Crosby’s was. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I suppose if they do ask him to play DE, they can have him bulk up like Crosby. Maxx had a pretty thin frame going into the NFL as well. Easily gained 20lbs of pure muscle before the season. Although Koonce’s frame is definitely thinner than Crosby’s was. 

He honestly just seems like a black Crosby when he came out. Went to a small school but dominated against everybody he played

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wow, you don't hate it? I'm shocked.

Loved the Moehrig pick and actually made me okay with the Leatherwood pick because I would've been okay with Moehrig in the 1st and Leatherwood in the 2nd. 

The thing I loved with Koonce is he got his sacks and pressures in a lot of different ways. Get off, hand use (he can shed), bull rush, spin move, etc. etc. etc.

The competition sucked, but if he put up these pressure #'s in a better conference he would have been gone ASAP.

Because we have a solid edge group, we don't need him to be an every down player. He just isn't physically ready for that at all. But he can hopefully contribute in his first few years as a pass rusher and that's the most important think.

He's in to replace Key. Develop behind Ngakoue who's only on a two year deal. You hope Ngakoue is a sack machine and we can sign him up and partner him with Koonce on 3rd down and go all speed, or Koonce can develop to replace Ngakoue as we save a load of money. 

I had him as a 5th to early 4th round player, just because he lacks power. Could be a steal. 

Edited by OnlyGlove

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Will be interesting how they use him. Frame looks way too thin to put his hand in the dirt. Will need to rush standing up. 

I trust Bradley more than any DC we have had since 2002 though. 

I really hope I'm wrong as I've only watched highlights but I'm really interested in DL so I spend a lot of time on them and he's like Arden Key to me. Pretty raw and beat up on some very average competition but just doesn't look strong enough or play with enough leverage for me if he can't win with speed. He's going to be a purely speed rusher but would have much preferred Chris Rumph in that role if I'm honest.

Hopefully we can coach him up and help him develop and he doesn't have to start at least......... Hope he proves me very wrong 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1