🏈 Pick #79 is in: DE, Malcolm Koonce, Buffalo

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gotta stop with that gif man lmao.

But koonce has some serious talent. He did some hop move that I haven't seen before. Marinelli can coach him up even more.

Who did marinelli coached up last year? His sure fire dt Collins aka team Captain lol

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who did marinelli coached up last year? His sure fire dt Collins aka team Captain lol

Collins was my biggest whiff. I thought he generated good pressure in dallas. 

I thought ferrell made strides when healthy. Crosby played hurt. Key is just key. 

But let's see what he does in year 3 for Cle/Maxx and now Koonce. Ngakoue out the box is a good edge rusher, not worried about him.

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I thought ferrell made strides when healthy. Crosby played hurt. Key is just key. 

But let's see what he does in year 3 for Cle/Maxx and now Koonce. Ngakoue out the box is a good edge rusher, not worried about him.

Marinelli said that he dealt with a knee injury all season that he sustained in training camp

54 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Marinelli said that he dealt with a knee injury all season that he sustained in training camp

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️Lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The more I think about this pick, the better I feel. Initially, I thought there were several better (or more polished) pass rushers available but he does have traits and fits that rotational speed rusher role that in a couple years fills in for Ngakoue when he probably leaves in FA.

I'm higher on Ferrell than most, I see real potential there as a complete strong side end if he can stay healthy and get a consistent run of games under his belt plushe dovetails nicely with the pass rusher Ngakoue on the other side. I really like the Condor Crosby too and obviously his role will be more focused and probably he'll be more efficient so I see where Coonz fits in nicely. I'm excited to see what this young guy can do in camp.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

The more I think about this pick, the better I feel. Initially, I thought there were several better (or more polished) pass rushers available but he does have traits and fits that rotational speed rusher role that in a couple years fills in for Ngakoue when he probably leaves in FA.

I'm higher on Ferrell than most, I see real potential there as a complete strong side end if he can stay healthy and get a consistent run of games under his belt plushe dovetails nicely with the pass rusher Ngakoue on the other side. I really like the Condor Crosby too and obviously his role will be more focused and probably he'll be more efficient so I see where Coonz fits in nicely. I'm excited to see what this young guy can do in camp.

Yeah, I think there were more proven prospects available at EDGE at this point but none providing the traits Koonce has for that LEO role. There was only one true LEO on the roster before the draft and a bunch of options to play on the strongside (Ferrell, Nassib, Irving, Jefferson in base). Koonce has a faster path to snaps than someone playing the strongside DE in that scheme. I'm not expecting him to play a whole lot in year 1 anyway.

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We’re gonna forget all of Marinellis success throughout his career, for one COVID shortened offseason. Come on bro you’re reaching. 

• Like 3

I like Malcolm Koonce game a lot. He has some nice tools to work with. He has that dip and rip move and his closing speed is really noticeable as well. Wonder if we will see situations with him on the field standing up with Yannick and Crosby. 

Can’t remember the last time the Raiders had a guy that could bend like him. 

36 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We’re gonna forget all of Marinellis success throughout his career, for one COVID shortened offseason. Come on bro you’re reaching. 

Um he’s gotta produce too. You’re new and you say I need this guy “Collins” everyone supports you. We come out saying how vital he is to the defensive success. Even make him a team captain. Then he does absolutely nothing all season and looked worse then the guy (pj) he replaced. So yea Mari deserves credit for that. He’s gotta produce too coaches aren’t exempt.  

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Um he’s gotta produce too. You’re new and you say I need this guy “Collins” everyone supports you. We come out saying how vital he is to the defensive success. Even make him a team captain. Then he does absolutely nothing all season and looked worse then the guy (pj) he replaced. So yea Mari deserves credit for that. He’s gotta produce too coaches aren’t exempt.  

to me, im looking at what he does with the young guys, Cle, Maxx, Koonce even Thomas. The fact that he couldnt really get his hands on those guys last offseason limited his ability to coach them up. Hopefully its different this year. But yea, i agree that coaches need to be held accountable. But as far as i remember it was Gruden selling Collins as the next Sapp lol, and im not sure that Rod has the power to anoint any captains, i could be wrong though