🏈 Pick #80 is in: LB/S, Devine Diablo, Virginia Tech

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand trading a player that is unhappy but not one I have already paid.  We are carrying over $12 million in dead cap.  Figure out a way to get rid of the dead cap and I am alright with the move.  Combine the dead cap with Brown and Snead and it is what Golladay got per year.  Just horrible management of personnel.  I would like to know why we had 3 starters on the line want to leave?  I have no clue but I have 3 guesses.  Carr, Gruden, or Cable.

They asked Jackson and Brown to take pay cuts, they both declined.  Then Hudson wanted out after hearing about it and understanding that we were moving on from them.  That's what I've read on this forum anyway, I haven't actually seen any article about it.  

This isn't the worst cap management we've been through.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jerry said:

They asked Jackson and Brown to take pay cuts, they both declined.  Then Hudson wanted out after hearing about it and understanding that we were moving on from them.  That's what I've read on this forum anyway, I haven't actually seen any article about it.  

Not even close.  Gibril Wilson comes to mind....Dumb stuff like that...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand trading a player that is unhappy but not one I have already paid.  We are carrying over $12 million in dead cap.  Figure out a way to get rid of the dead cap and I am alright with the move.  Combine the dead cap with Brown and Snead and it is what Golladay got per year.  Just horrible management of personnel.  I would like to know why we had 3 starters on the line want to leave?  I have no clue but I have 3 guesses.  Carr, Gruden, or Cable.

This is why 

$53 million in cap space in 2022 and $156 million in 2023

If the O- line is sound this year which it should be we can spend all this money on everything else.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jerry said:

You do not cut a player who you have already paid unless they are a cancer.  That is not Hudson and he probably would have agreed to play in Vegas this year.  Now Arizona is getting a $15 million C for $2.8 million and we just paid James roughly what Hudson is getting this year from Arizona.  So we still paid $15 million but have a huge question mark that has been graded very low in his limited play time. I am not mad about moving on.  I am mad we cut a high priced player after we paid him.  Brown and Jackson saved money so I understand.  I understand the want to transition to a cheaper line also but I am not going to sit here and say I have confidence in them.  When I say confidence I mean who showed last year how good they will be this year?  Based off production I feel good about Miller, Good, Waller, and Renfrow.  Everyone else is a question mark that can improve on last year or get worse.  I am fine with our RB and QB rooms but if the WRs and O-line do not live up to our hopes we will probably see MM at QB around the mid point of the season.  This year Carr will probably have to run more to produce like last year.  I still hope all the players do well next year but I am not going to deny that my ceiling expectations are based upon hope and not NFL production.  This is all because Gruden and his crew have mismanaged this team so far.  If it goes good then I am wrong and they deserve the credit but if it goes bad they deserve the blame.  If Incognito gets hurt and the line falls apart I do not want to hear and excuses of how were they suppose to know Incognito was going to get hurt, Miller took a step back after getting paid, and Leatherwood could not smoothly transition to RT.  These are all questionable moves and the red flags are obvious.  Not to say every bad thing is going to happen or that any of it will happen.  The risk is obvious.

53 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

This is why 

$53 million in cap space in 2022 and $156 million in 2023

If the O- line is sound this year which it should be we can spend all this money on everything else.

I understand the wanting to spend less but cutting Hudson did not help in that area.  I would have so much more confidence if he was here because the line would have a better chance of improving.  Brown did nothing last year and Good is an upgrade over Jackson when you take salary into consideration.  We did not get cheaper on the line by cutting Hudson.  We are still paying the same amount because of dead money and Jame's new contract.  We could have cut or traded Hudson after this season with a low cost.  I could be off but I think we would have taken a $3 million hit next year to get rid of Hudson instead of $12+ this year.  Now you do not spend an extra million on Martin and spend a 7th on Morrisey.  We have a backup that the coaches think is capable of starting and we know we have an above average center instead of a question mark.  If Leatherwood can not handle the RT position who do you bring in.  Parker who sucks at RT, Young who can not play more than 2 quarters without hurting his back, or Good that creates another hole.  Funny thing is the only player who I think can get hurt and we will be okay is Miller.  I would feel confident with Parker and Leatherwood at LT.