Round 3, Pick 82: Washington selects WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina

They definitely are looking for speed these days. Of the picks, this is the first one that I can think of that I instinctively was like "okay, yeah I'm on board with that" right out of the gate. The others I've had to warm up to to varying degrees.

As I said in the chat, this is has the potential to be a job ending draft. Or it could be a foundational level draft. Not sure yet. I haven't really been excited by any of the picks, but I can see the logic behind them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Woz said:

They definitely are looking for speed these days. Of the picks, this is the first one that I can think of that I instinctively was like "okay, yeah I'm on board with that" right out of the gate. The others I've had to warm up to to varying degrees.

As I said in the chat, this is has the potential to be a job ending draft. Or it could be a foundational level draft. Not sure yet. I haven't really been excited by any of the picks, but I can see the logic behind them.

You're 100% right. It's a LOT of speed with these 4.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

See this is why I love this draft.  It’s not like we are starting our rebuild we already have a solid foundation.  We need to take some high upside swings now, we don’t need to play it safe anymore.  We’re hunting for star power in this draft and me likey. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No difference in him and whats already on the roster. Dont see anything that would separate him from the others enough to make him a starter.

So, Daniel Jeremiah called him Terry McLaurin like. If he’s a poor man’s Terry McLaurin we drafted us a #2 WR who either this year or next year will catch 50 plus passes for near 1,000 yards and a handful for TDs plus.

His junior year at UNC he caught 55 balls, 1099 yards, 20.0 yard avg & 8 TDs in 11 games. 

That’s certainly better than what we have after our top 3 WRs - Terry, Samuel & Humphries.

8 hours ago, Dutch DC Football Fan said:

I like the pick. They compare him to scary larry. Well if it’s only 90% true I’m happy.

Looks like a solid draft so far

Who’s Scary “LARRY?” I assume you mean Terry? 😂 

Is this Scary Larry?

14 hours ago, Woz said:

I think Jamin Davis is a day 1 starter. I think Cosmi is our starting LT in 2022. Dyami might not be a starter this year but he’ll have an impact then next years I think he’ll be a starter. The rest of the guys are looking like depth but you never know with a safety like Forrest. He is athletic just needs developed, he could be our future FS w/ Curl being our SS.