Round 3, Pick 82: Washington selects WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

I love this pick. He is a polished route runner with grat hands. He doesn't need to be a burner but he has size and strength to win the route and just play ball. He won't start but he will get reps and looks in 2021. 

Daniel Jeremiah actually compared him to McLaurin. If he can be a poor man’s Terry, then we’ve got a great #2 & Curtis Samuel can play more from the slot.

I love this pick. I think we have 3 guys at the top of the WR position that do the same things. Terry Mac Samuel and Brown all have very similar game and I love it. Because teams usually have a mix of body types so I think somewhere we have a mismatch and they all can move around and go up and pluck a ball out the air. Super crisp routes and smart feels for zones. I think for everything Fitzmagic is this is by far the best squad he’s had a chance of leading. We shall see this year

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I love this pick. I think we have 3 guys at the top of the WR position that do the same things. Terry Mac Samuel and Brown all have very similar game and I love it. Because teams usually have a mix of body types so I think somewhere we have a mismatch and they all can move around and go up and pluck a ball out the air. Super crisp routes and smart feels for zones. I think for everything Fitzmagic is this is by far the best squad he’s had a chance of leading. We shall see this year

Ehh... I don’t think Samuel can do the same things that Terry & Dynami can do. 

Samuel is more a slot guy, an on the ground player where Terry & Dynami are more outside players who can make plays on the ball when it’s in the air. 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ehh... I don’t think Samuel can do the same things that Terry & Dynami can do. 

Samuel is more a slot guy, an on the ground player where Terry & Dynami are more outside players who can make plays on the ball when it’s in the air. 

I think Curtis can do it. I agree he is best utilized in the slot but he made go get it plays out wide last year. I think last year it finally all clicked for him. The speed of the game his refined route running was the biggest thing for me. But I do agree his best work is on the ground. But he can do those other things.

Round 3, pick 82 – Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina: B

One of our better picks in the draft that should compliment our other receivers well as a home run hit. He's kinda a Terry McLaurin clone, which is great, but I think he'll be used more as a deep threat type more than we use Terry. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Round 3, pick 82 – Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina: B

One of our better picks in the draft that should compliment our other receivers well as a home run hit. He's kinda a Terry McLaurin clone, which is great, but I think he'll be used more as a deep threat type more than we use Terry. 

If we get this week 1 from Nynami Brown I’ll explode in my pants! 😂 

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Another Terry McLaurin in the 3rd round, I’ll take it!

We can only hope. I really hope this guy brings us some excitement to this offense. I really am excited about him and Samuel for this team. The biggest thing for me is Antonio Gibson breaking out and staying healthy. If that happens I think we could really have a fun team to watch this next season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We can only hope. I really hope this guy brings us some excitement to this offense. I really am excited about him and Samuel for this team. The biggest thing for me is Antonio Gibson breaking out and staying healthy. If that happens I think we could really have a fun team to watch this next season

Yeah, I think Gibson has a chance to be Clinton Portis like but be an even better receiver bc he used to be a receiver. He has to get more consistent as a runner and of course improve his pass pro blocking if he wants to be like CP. CP is one of the best pass pro backs I’ve ever seen, he may actually be the best I’ve ever seen.

The more that I see of this kid, the more I'm in love with his play. He gets the route concepts in how they are meant to expose weaknesses in the defense and how to angle his routes and use leverage on the DB to get himself open. It will take some adjustment with his QB, but if it clicks, this is gonna be one helluva WR for years to come.

• Like 2