Round 3: Pick 85; Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

18 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Gute said he wanted to draft Rodgers in the 2nd and wanted to trade up for him immediately after the Myers pick. They really wanted their slot guy badly

There’s always a certain level of “this was our guy from the very beginning “ bs with the post pick interviews but with how quickly the picks have come in and the trade up in the 3rd, Gute seems like he has been damn confident in his board. Hope he’s a right as he thinks he is.

20 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Based on my deep research (sorta half-watching a 4 minute highlight video), I like him.  Best of all, and I haven’t seen this mentioned, he seems like a very natural pass catcher.

This is true and what makes him more than just a gadget player. He has very good body control and isn't afraid to pluck the ball away from his body.

Edited by Rodjahs12

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Teams actively didn't respect Ervin's jet motion towards the end of the season, in large part because while he might be hard to catch he's easy to tackle if you get an angle.  Rodgers will run people over if he needs to.

Teams probably stopped respecting Ervin towards the end of the season.....because Ervin was on the bench hurt and didn't even play. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

LaFleur and staff are all in on 12

I don't agree with the "coaching has little input on personnel" for multiple reasons. The Josiah Degura pick last year screams a Matt Lafleur pick. Reaching for an H-back in the 3rd round for a very specific role/offense has the finger prints of the coach all over it. 

Even more obvious than that, did you see how Gute and Lafleur celebrated tonight after they drafted the center while Murphy stood like the awkward guy he is in the corner?

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I think if there was....it was to get AR to trust the system and just throw the damn ball to the open guy. If I remember correctly, it was noted that he was missing (or not throwing to) open receivers/RBs. If I were MLF and I was scheming guys open that the QB simply was ignoring......I'd have some issues with him too.

Yes I mention this in another thread. Greg cosell discussed this with rich last year.

If you spend all week scheming you might get annoyed the offense isn’t run the way you draw it up.