Round 3: Pick 85; Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's fine. I don't want to start posting 9 links that all disagree with a fantasy football scout. We can agree to disagree instead

You’ve got nine links that disagree with this report? Post em, more info is better.

8 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

He’s very explosive. Does his tape not jump off the screen for you? 

He doesn't move like the Moore(s) or Atwell out of breaks. Seems like he's more of a safe surplus guy than a bonafide slot weapon. 

Edited by Howler

FWIW, "Explosive" does not mean "fast".  Explosive roughly means "can reach top speed quickly."

Like most RBs are not track speed guys (Aaron Jones ran a 4.56), what makes them effective is "their ability to accelerate and change direction rapidly."

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 3

If you watched a young Randall Cobb and thought that was a 4.55 guy you’re an idiot.

If you watched Jordy Nelson and thought he was a 4.51 40 yard dash guy you’re an idiot.

Nobody gives a **** about the 40 yard dash anymore.  Until they start running 40 yard dashes with defensive backs swatting, holding, scraping and clawing with the runner wearing full pads and a helmet, the 40 yard dash for receivers (or really any position) don’t mean ****.

Like... FFS, Davante Adams ran a 4.56.  Know why it doesn’t matter?  Because his footwork and quickness at the line give him like .2 seconds while the defensive back is still wondering what the **** just happened to his ankles and what day it was they thought they could cover Davante at the line.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Howler said:

He doesn't move like the Moore(s) or Atwell out of breaks. Seems like he's more of a safe surplus guy than a bonafide slot weapon. 

He is a guy that is a very physical run in the Deebo Samuel mode, he breaks tackles. The next tackle Atwell breaks will be his first.  

8 minutes ago, Howler said:

Which is maybe why Rodgers is a third round pick.  Comparing the value of him in the third to a guy like Moore who some thought would go in the first is sort irrelevant.   Would it have been nice to have drafted Moore?  Maybe, but we didn't have an extra first or high second round pick.

24 minutes ago, Howler said:

You talk as if he's gonna be the only guy on the field. His skills will complement the guys we already have really well IMO. As good as some others in this draft? I've no clue and couldnt care less. We cant draft everybody - but - he's got the goods to do good things for our offense - which was #1 last year.

Have you looked at his "get up and go?" - the guy gets a lane (or creates one) and he moves.

Plus - he's already checked off my #1 issue with WR's - body catching. He doesnt do it. He's all hand / eye coordination. Catch it and go.

Having him on the field with AJ, Degaura, Adams, Lazard, MVS?   I like that mix.

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think he's chosen #8

I like it. I really like this guy. Get him the ball between the lb and s or vs a slot cb and it could be a mismatch consistently. Give him a few carries out of the backfield here and there in spread formations, and use him in motion to force defenses to make pre snap choices. He looks like a nice player that can help make the offense a nightmare for DC.