Round 3: Pick 85; Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Rodgers much better than Cobb.

ExZsxKHWQAEB70e.png

I think he projects to be better than Cobb, especially in this offense. Should hopefully possess the suddenness and understanding of routes/spacing that Randall has, with even more YAC ability and definitely more power. Cobb was not a burner but he played (plays?) with good speed when he finds the seam. Look at that game winner vs. Chi when Aaron came back from injury and tossed him the dagger. He moved well enough on that one and Amari should have that capability. We won’t know til he gets real reps, but I’m excited to see him go to work. 

No different than any of the other 100 discussions that are had about draft prospects every year. The only thing different about this one is the Packers drafted him.  If those numbers are posted about random prospect WRJoeBlo - he would get torched. But just because he's now a Packer, all the sudden the numbers are irrelevant. Hilarious. 

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No different than any of the other 100 discussions that are had about prospects. The only thing different about this one is the Packers drafted him.  If those numbers are posted about random WRJoeBlo - the prospect would get torched. 

He's being torched right now over it there bud. Try and keep up

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think you do. You can read up on RAS. A 5.37 is actually a little above average. Scoring is out of 10. 5 is halfway there. 5.37 is greater than 5.

Except nobody cares about the numbers that get him to 5.37. Just as with every prospect discussed on this forum - the numbers associated with explosiveness, twitch, speed, etc are plain and simple - and well below 50%. His 3 cone is that of an average LB. His weight and bench mean nothing compared to what 3 cone, 40 splits, verticals etc mean. But you already know that, because you are one of the first to point those numbers out in any prospect discussion. There is nothing to indicate that he is explosive or quick or someone that separates. If he somehow shows different in Green and Gold, great for him. 

Edited by cannondale

So Amari Rodgers is going to be that guy who divides the board from this draft. LOL

I'm no scout but did watch a lot of Clemson football. He did not stand out to me whatsoever. Doesn't mean I think he's going to be a bust. Just sayin' when they played Alabama or Ohio State, he wasn't a guy who stood out athletically on the field. 

I'm still pulling for the guy and from what I've heard and read, the Packers don't seem disappointed in what they have seen. 

I choose to be divided over mcduffie not wearing the duff man costume at all times. 3rd round amari doesnt bother me that hes not a super athlete. He plays WR and some RB. Plenty of guys dont run 4.3 or jump 40+ and have a fine career. The same guys complaining are the same ones that say "sure he runs fast but can he play football?" So **** em. You know.

Like I know its not a real football uniform, but how often do you get this opportunity? Could be a real galvanizing character. Wisconsin loves beer.

Edited by HighCalebR