Round 3: Pick 85; Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

'Vante wasn't exactly all world at RAS either.  

Plus athletes fail at WR all the time.  The key to being a quality WR is the ability to run routes and then run with the ball after you catch it.  Rodgers appears to run great good routes, and he's like a RB when he gets the ball.  He's a great third round pick.  

davante-adams-ras-11166.png?resize=806%2C522&ssl=1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

So Amari Rodgers is going to be that guy who divides the board from this draft. LOL

I'm no scout but did watch a lot of Clemson football. He did not stand out to me whatsoever. Doesn't mean I think he's going to be a bust. Just sayin' when they played Alabama or Ohio State, he wasn't a guy who stood out athletically on the field. 

I'm still pulling for the guy and from what I've heard and read, the Packers don't seem disappointed in what they have seen. 

I think he'll be ok, not the gamechanger many are expecting.  He doesn't have great speed.  He's a rookie playing with Rodgers, think about it.  You got Cobb for that role.  Rodgers will have more impact on ST, than in the offense IMO.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

'Vante wasn't exactly all world at RAS either.  

Plus athletes fail at WR all the time.  The key to being a quality WR is the ability to run routes and then run with the ball after you catch it.  Rodgers appears to run great good routes, and he's like a RB when he gets the ball.  He's a great third round pick.  

davante-adams-ras-11166.png?resize=806%2C522&ssl=1

Yeah, a 212lb guy with a 39.5 inch vertical and a 6.82 3-cone has average agility because of a short shuttle score. 

Sure

If Davante ran track rather than played basketball, he probably shaves 5 hundredths of a second off his 10, 20, and 40 just based on being a better starter out of a track stance (something that has nothing to do with football) and his speed score jumps from poor to good, (or at least average) and his RAS shoots up.

RAS is stupid. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, a 212lb guy with a 39.5 inch vertical and a 6.82 3-cone has average agility because of a short shuttle score. 

Sure

If Davante ran track rather than played basketball, he probably shaves 5 hundredths of a second off his 10, 20, and 40 just based on being a better starter out of a track stance (something that has nothing to do with football) and his speed score jumps from poor to good, (or at least average) and his RAS shoots up.

RAS is stupid. 

But in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure

RAS is stupid. 

Opinion noted.  RAS is stupid.

Could be that there is a lot more to being a good WR than simply being a plus athlete in every category.

'Vante is an excellent route runner with amazing explosion in short areas.  Add in some pretty high football IQ and you have a great receiver.

His RAS kind of says that.  Also says he's not going to just run by a guy.  Or truck him with his strength.  

RAS can't even get their stats correctly. Cobb ran a 4.46 40 coming out of college and they have him at a 4.55.  

ttps://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=6452

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wait, people are actually down on Amari Rodgers? 

One person questioned his athleticism on what they saw thus far back on page 17 I believe and it kinda went from there.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bad source? Go look at draftscout again as they give two different times for practically everything. RAS just chose the worse of the two and went with it.

At this point, I can believe he only runs a 4.55, maybe a 4.6; but he was definitely a 4.46 guy coming out.